“Peaceful & spacious with a great health club” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore

Save Saved
You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 South President Street, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Baltimore
Williamstown, NJ
“Peaceful & spacious with a great health club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

There seems to be no more than three suites in a pod making it virtually soundproof to slamming doors, elevator noise, or people talking in the hallway. The suites have a nice kitchen within including a frig and stove making it possible not to eat every meal out. However, it is right in a district full of fantastic restaurants, shops, and directly next door to a theater along with a block or two to the inner harbor shops. Te rooms have a separate living room, bedroom, and bathroom although our bathroom fan was on constantly with no control option for us so the door had to remain closed or you heard it all night. Only other negative was the bathroom is in the bedroom area so if someone is sleeping on the living room sleeper or up late and has to use it, they have to go through the bedroom to get to it. An awesome piece to this hotel is a private membership health club with all the most up to dat workout equipment connected to the hotel that is available free to guests. The pools are also terrific for lap swimming or the splash pool which is 4.5 ft deep for the kids to play in and a lovely hot tub with a waterfall. Only caveat is guests cannot use the locker rooms or take the classes but that is not an impediment as the is plenty to get the heart racing without those things. The brunch in the morning is nothing to write home about. Cereal, eggs, soggy bacon, bread, yogurt, and apples. The connecting hotel buffet had waffles, pancakes, fresh cut fruit but it is $12.95 to eat there though the two hotels share a lobby, hallways, and the aforementioned gym. The other negative is that parking is not in and out. You have to pay each time you leave the garage the $23 self-park fee. That is a problem when you are there and need to drive to other locations as we did to go to homes for the holidays. It became costly to park. The Renaissance hotel allows in and out all day and it would be nice if Homewood would do the same thing. Overall this is a great hotel to stay in with family or a conference when you want more space than just a nice room.

Room Tip: All the suites seemed to be great as we had two on floor 9 and both were quiet and spacious. We wer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased that you enjoyed the vibrant Harbor East location so much as well as the full-suites. Many people find that amount of space in which to relax quite a benefit! I am sorry that you did not enjoy the Homewood Suites Suite Start Breakfast and thank you for letting us know what you experienced for our follow-up. I hope when you visit again you are able to take advantage of the second parking option, Valet Parking for hotel guests. This parking option allows for in and out parking priviliges during your visit. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Royersford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband, son and I have been going to this hotel for years and have ALWAYS been happy with it!! The staff is so friendly and very accomidating. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!! We park our car in the attached garage and we are close enough to walk to everything!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback regarding your visit. We hope your new year is fantastic and we hope to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor in the future!
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

When we stay with our family, we need a one bedroom suite (so the kids can go to bed and we can stay up) and we like to be within walking distance to everything we need. That brought us to the Homewood Suites.

We came into town to go to the Aquarium and the Children's Museum and we are so glad we chose the Homewood Suites. First of all, the location is awesome. We were able to walk easily to the heart of the Inner Harbor and both the Aquarium and Port Discovery as well as the wharves (that were fun to explore with the kids, including a really neat little musical park on Pier V) and a ton of good (Oceanaire) and family friendly (Hard Rock Cafe, Lenny's Deli) restaurants. There is also a Whole Foods and an attached wine shop literally around the corner from the hotel. Good for bringing back a quick lunch and snacks and a bottle of wine for after the kids are in bed.

But better than the location was the service. Honestly, I think this is the best service I have ever gotten at a hotel, and as someone who traveled 6-7 times a month for work for many years, I don't say that lightly. Doha at the front desk, Joaquin the bellhop, and the breakfast attendant (can't remember his name right now, which is a shame because he was awesome!) were the superstars but honestly, every single person we encountered went above and beyond in terms of service. Just really outstandingly welcoming each time we entered or left the hotel and genuinely helpful and friendly, to a person.

The rooms were nice and modern and very clean. The view was actually pretty interesting, though we couldn't see the Harbor from the fifth floor. The side windows open, giving you a chance for fresh air, which I always appreciate. We saw fireworks (from the Hard Rock holiday show) every night from our window, which was cool.

We also used the health club and it was modern and really beautiful. The kids liked swimming in the pool and the staff was also really welcoming.

We are HIlton Gold members, so I was bummed that our room was pretty small, but I asked for an upgrade and it seems like they really only have one size of suite (they don't have two bedrooms, or at least didn't have any available.) We are used to a little more room, but it was really fine in the end and I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else, even if they promised extra room.

I could not recommend this hotel more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to Baltimore. I am pleased that the All-Suite property met your needs. I enjoyed sharing your feedback about the guestroom cleanliness and staff - it means a lot to hear such things! The Harbor East location and shops can't be beat and we hope to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor in the future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Awesome service. Everyone from the check-in counter, management, to the breakfast attendent and workout center staff were excellent (P.S. Awesome workout Facility). Everyone was so accomidating and friendly. My wife and i came here on vacation and felt like we were at a 4-5 star resort the whole time. I can not say enough about the staff and cleanliness of the hotel and bay area. We ate at Talara, Phillips, and the Rusty Scupper (little bit of a walk around the bay). They all had fantastic food!!! We are deffinitely coming back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience while in Baltimore. I am pleased that you enjoyed our service so much and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor for future visits.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel is located conveniently for visits to Johns Hopkins Hospital, only 5 minutes away. I recently had surgery at Johns Hopkins and needed a hotel for extended stay. The hotel was very supportive during my recovery. They assigned us a room that connected to a roof top garden which allowed me to get some fresh air without going through the lobby. The roof top garden was convenient for people with dogs as well. The nightly meals really help save my husband time. Whole Foods, CVS, movie theater, shopping is just around the block. It's also close to the harbor and great resturants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate the time you have taken sharing feedback about your visit to Baltimore. I am sorry that medical treatment brought you to town, but very pleased that you found our accommodations so comfortable. The 8th floor courtyard garden is definitely a pleasant and quiet place in the center of a vibrant neighborhood and I hope it aided in your recovery. Other guests that stay with us have also enjoyed the convenience of both Whole Food and CVS. I hope we can welcome you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor for future visits.
Wilmington DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great friendly service at the desk and the lady who brought up the pack n play. Easy walk to inner harbor and Aquariam. Perfect setup for our 2 yr old who was with us. Will use again! Nice free breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Coram, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I only stayed at the hotel for a night. I went into Baltimore on personal leisure to see my best friends play a show. When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted with kindness and immediately felt welcomed. The girl at the front desk offered me a bit of history of the bar I was going to and handed me my Hilton Honors member gift bag. The hotel room was exceptional and I didn't want to go to sleep because I felt so at home. While I was unable to tour the city while I stayed at this particular hotel, I can tell it's right where you want to be.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore? Share your experiences!