“Memorial Day weekend in Baltimore” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 East Redwood Street, Baltimore, MD 21202   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #18 of 60 Hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia burbs
“Memorial Day weekend in Baltimore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel met the basics: clean room that had space for 2 adults and 2 kids in a very good location. Hotel is a converted bank building so lobby and rooms have high ceilings and sometimes interesting layouts (friends of ours in the next room had a narrower walkway between main room and bed room and a stand-alone closet area that was well hidden in a corner area).
Hotel is two blocks from Inner Harbor and felt safe - although we were not out past 10PM. Staff were friendly and quickly fixed the minor issues we dealt with. Breakfast was standard - eggs and sausage with cereals/bagels and juices and coffee. It was perfect for kids 7 and 4 but certainly nothing like Miss Shirleys!
So, if what you are looking for is a suite room close to attractions with decent staff - this hotel will meet your needs. Good for a leisure trip with larger groups.
Being nitpicky - the rooms could use an update - my iphone 5 didn't work in the clock radio (luckily my kids use my old iphone 4 which did). Sink outside of bathroom is a bit awkward and was not big enough for the wife. I am not that tall - about 6' and I don't understand why hotels can't have the shower head above my head rather than me having to duck.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

One of the friendliest hotels we've ever stayed at; The staff couldn't have been nicer and more accomodating. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. We stayed for two nights for our son's graduation and when traveling to Baltimore again will definitely stay there...old world charm and hospitality.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Roger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 3 days ago
It is great to read that you felt welcomed at our hotel. It means a lot to the SpringHill Suites Baltimore team, that our guest receive a warm welcome. It was or pleasure having you as a guest.

Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed at Springhill in order to accomodate my family from out of town for a funeral and to make it to my job a block away in the morning. When I checked in a day early, the staff was very welcoming and for the most part had rich personalities. Gary assisted me in getting checked in and checked up on me to make sure I was doing well. Over all this was one of the better stays I've had here in Baltimore.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Roger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your comments regarding our very friendly staff. It was our pleasure having stay to SringHill Suites Baltimore. We look forward to having you a guest in the future.

General Mananger
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have to start this review by saying that normally I love Springhill Suites. I find their new or remodeled properties have a great modern feel to them, and are usually very comfortable. Unfortunately, this property in Baltimore' Inner Harbor area is just no modern, or hip, and was lacking in some key details for me.
First, one of the biggest positives is the location. The hotel is only 2-3 blocks away from the Inner Harbor and the main street, Pratt St. This made walking to restaurants and the convention center super easy. The hotel has fee based valet parking, and I could not find a self-park option. the hotel is located in what used to be an old bank and office building that was converted into the hotel. This means the lobby has a very high ceiling, old school feel to it. I'm sorry to say I didn't dig it. To me it felt fussy and tired. (On a side note, I think this property would make more sense as one of Marriot's Autograph Collection hotels versus a Springhill).
My room was on the 8th floor and as I got up there it turns out I was upgraded to a corner room suite. The room was very large, but once again did not feel modern or fun at all! There was a separate sitting area with small LCD TV and then the main sleeping area with another LCD TV, dresser, and bathroom. The entire room is carpeted, including the sink area of the bathroom, which I hate. Nothing worse than stepping out of a shower with wet feet onto carpet! I found the bed to be okay comfort wise. The mattress was clearly worn and a little lumpy, but the pillows were quite good. There were so many windows in the room that even with the shades all pulled, there was a ton of light streaming in the morning. Plus, the morning construction noise woke me at 7am, so the windows could use a little thicker glass.
My biggest complaints about the room were that the wifi was terrible. Even though I paid for the faster service, I was not able to stream Netflix to watch a movie after work. And half of the TV channels didn't work or were fuzzy.
I did not do breakfast in the morning, but it looked pretty basic, but I guess that is expected for this level of hotel. I did have a great breakfast down the street.
All in all, I will probably not stay at this property again the next time I am in Baltimore, but will continue to stay at other, newer, Springhill Suite hotels!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Roger B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 1 week ago
It was disappointing that we were not able to deliver a much better than average experience during your stay. It is our goal to always be better than average. Thank for sharing your feedback. We hope to have a chance to deliver a better experience to you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I only stary at Marriotts and this is by far one of the best ones I have stayed. The customer service was unbelievable. I couldnt of asked for better. Everyone was so friendly and went out of their way to offer advice, or get us a car, or a place to eat. Next time I am in the area I will def stay here again!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot to the team to read that felt they were awsome. We enjoyed having stay at the hotel and hope to see again when your in Baltimore.

General Mananger
Gloversville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2015

Chose the hotel because of location and a reasonable rate for the night . We did utilize the valet parking which was very convenient. The following day the car was ready for us when we requested it..
The staff at the property are very nice, young woman at check in was efficient and very helpful, especially in directing us to a place to eat. The room was clean and found the bed to be very comfortable. Our daughter slept on the pull out bed, which was only a single bed. Our room did not have a frig or microwave, so if this is important to you, you might want to ask ahead of time about this. The breakfast in the morning was certainly above average. A nice mix of hot foods which were pretty tasty!
The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the inner harbor, if you are interested. Would certainly stay at this property again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Landy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 22, 2015
Hello mss12078,

Thank you so much for your response and your feedback of the Springhill Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. We have shared your review with our team and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come and visit us again, we would love to have you back!

Best Regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2015

SpringHill Suites by Marriott is located 2 blocks from the Inner Harbor. Beautiful area in the day. At night, a few undesirables everywhere. But, I never felt unsafe.

The hotel is going to be totally renovated later this year. This will remedy a couple small weaknesses of the hotel such as hard mattress, etc. Free breakfast was excellent for the price. Staff were all first-rate. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Landy C, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 14, 2015
Dear BBB2,

We appreciate you for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor and we will share your feedback with our team.
We look forward to having you back at our brand new hotel. We are so excited about our renovation and cannot wait to share it with you.

Have a great day on purpose!

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!