“Clean,comfortable and very close to inner harbor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 East Redwood Street, Baltimore, MD 21202   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #20 of 68 hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Clean,comfortable and very close to inner harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is the second time that we stayed there. We drove back from our Easter vacation in SC. We planned to stop in Baltimore because we love their crab cakes. We went back to SpringHill Suites again because we find their rooms to be clean, modern with very comfortable beds and with an affordable price. It was 3 of us so we had a king size bed and there also was a sofa bed for our son in a separate room. He had his own flat screen TV. The hotel is walking distance from the inner harbor and close to restaurants. Everybody in the hotel is friendly and helpful including Gary that works at the breakfast buffet. He asked us a few times if we needed anything else to let him know. The valet parking is a little expensive $32 for that reason we parked in a parking. It cost us $20. When we go back to Baltimore we may stay there again.

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chagrin Falls ,Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We spent four days here and we were very comfortable. The suite is roomy and clean the breakfast was good and the place was clean we were a few min. walk to the harbor and there was many choices of places to eat around us. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: There are no hairdryers . the rooms are not sound proof.
Lindon, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great service. Comfy bed. I like to have a separate room for relaxing and working apart from the sleeping room. I would recommend this hotel if you need to stay downtown in the inner harbor. Keep in mind, however, that you are in a downtown area and there are sirens going all the time until about midnight. But, like I said, if you are going to be downtown, I'd go with this one. I'll use it next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have nothing really bad to say about this Hotel. Staff was fantastic and extremely helpful. this is the second time I have stayed here and it has been very good. My only complaint and it is small complaint and probably my fault. In my preferences, I always ask for a high floor and both times I have stayed here I got the top floor. A nice room / suite, but the windows are barely even windows (think small basement types) and you get absolutely no view. If/when I stay here the next time I will specify not to have a room on the 11th floor for that reason.

Room Tip: I have only stayed on the 11th floor and while the rooms were comfortable, I felt like I was actuall...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor. I appreciate your honest and sincere review.

As you know, our building is an historic building that was converted to a hotel back in late 2007. The main lobby of the hotel is formerly the bank, with great details still remaining. The 11th floor is where the bank use to store documents. Because sunlight destroys paper, the windows on the 11th floor were made smaller to help protect the documents.

We very much understand that some people do not like the feel of the smaller windows, so let us know and we will be certain to get you a roomon a different floor with larger windows....and if you do like to sleep in later ask for a room on the 11th floor as they are quieter and darker! Just dont sleep all day because there is so much to see in Baltimore! :)

Thanks again for your review! I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore!

Jason Curtis
Newfoundland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our granddaughter was having heart surgery at Johns Hopkins ("JH") and my son and daughter-in-law need my wife there. While in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit my granddaughter need a family member there 24 hours a day. My wife settled on Springhill suites because of the Johns Hopkins hospital rate and the fact they provided daily voucher to get to and from JH. I went to visit for a weekend and that is the basis for this review. Very nice room, plenty of space and being there a week she had enough room to hang or put in a drawer everything needed. Comfy bed, good lighting and two TVs, one in the bedroom, one in the sitting room. what made my and my wife's stay was the staff. They could not have be3en friendlier and when I arrived late on a Friday night they knew just where to go so we could talk and catch up. The breakfast in the large common room wasn't gourmet but sure good enough to last until lunch. Stop by the front desk and Yoldanda Holden can tell you darn near anything you need to know about the Inner Harbor and surrounding Baltimore.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is easily walking distance from inner harbor, aquarium, restaurants, etc. Nice size room with a comfortable sitting area. It was actually pretty quiet for being in the center of the city. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the free breakfast was pretty horrible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I do appreciate your honest feedback about our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed with the complimentary breakfast. Select SpringHill Suites are actually in the middle of testing out a new and improved offering. Once this testing is completed, there will be some changes and improvements to the current offerings. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is something specific you were looking for that we did not offer and I'll be sure to forward your comments onto the SpringHill Suites Executive Team.

Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites. I hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Baltimore.

Jason Curtis
Glen Rock, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice hotel in Downtown Baltimore, a few blocks from Inner Harbor. The first few floors were an old bank, and there are very high ceilings and the old ornate marble decor you used to see in banks....very cool! Downstairs where the little exercise room is there is even the original "vault" which they have made into a small meeting room. The room we had was large and clean and very comfortable, with the smaller second room with desk, loveseat, and mini-bar area with fridge, and a second flat screen TV. The loveseat pulled out into a twin bed. The staff was very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!