You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Have nothing really bad to say about this Hotel. Staff was fantastic and extremely helpful. this is the second time I have stayed here and it has been very good. My only complaint and it is small complaint and probably my fault. In my preferences, I always ask for a high floor and both times I have stayed here I got the top floor. A nice room / suite, but the windows are barely even windows (think small basement types) and you get absolutely no view. If/when I stay here the next time I will specify not to have a room on the 11th floor for that reason.

Room Tip: I have only stayed on the 11th floor and while the rooms were comfortable, I felt like I was actuall...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor. I appreciate your honest and sincere review.

As you know, our building is an historic building that was converted to a hotel back in late 2007. The main lobby of the hotel is formerly the bank, with great details still remaining. The 11th floor is where the bank use to store documents. Because sunlight destroys paper, the windows on the 11th floor were made smaller to help protect the documents.

We very much understand that some people do not like the feel of the smaller windows, so let us know and we will be certain to get you a roomon a different floor with larger windows....and if you do like to sleep in later ask for a room on the 11th floor as they are quieter and darker! Just dont sleep all day because there is so much to see in Baltimore! :)

Thanks again for your review! I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore!

Jason Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Newfoundland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our granddaughter was having heart surgery at Johns Hopkins ("JH") and my son and daughter-in-law need my wife there. While in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit my granddaughter need a family member there 24 hours a day. My wife settled on Springhill suites because of the Johns Hopkins hospital rate and the fact they provided daily voucher to get to and from JH. I went to visit for a weekend and that is the basis for this review. Very nice room, plenty of space and being there a week she had enough room to hang or put in a drawer everything needed. Comfy bed, good lighting and two TVs, one in the bedroom, one in the sitting room. what made my and my wife's stay was the staff. They could not have be3en friendlier and when I arrived late on a Friday night they knew just where to go so we could talk and catch up. The breakfast in the large common room wasn't gourmet but sure good enough to last until lunch. Stop by the front desk and Yoldanda Holden can tell you darn near anything you need to know about the Inner Harbor and surrounding Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel is easily walking distance from inner harbor, aquarium, restaurants, etc. Nice size room with a comfortable sitting area. It was actually pretty quiet for being in the center of the city. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, the free breakfast was pretty horrible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. I do appreciate your honest feedback about our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed with the complimentary breakfast. Select SpringHill Suites are actually in the middle of testing out a new and improved offering. Once this testing is completed, there will be some changes and improvements to the current offerings. Please feel free to contact me directly if there is something specific you were looking for that we did not offer and I'll be sure to forward your comments onto the SpringHill Suites Executive Team.

Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites. I hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Baltimore.

Glen Rock, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice hotel in Downtown Baltimore, a few blocks from Inner Harbor. The first few floors were an old bank, and there are very high ceilings and the old ornate marble decor you used to see in banks....very cool! Downstairs where the little exercise room is there is even the original "vault" which they have made into a small meeting room. The room we had was large and clean and very comfortable, with the smaller second room with desk, loveseat, and mini-bar area with fridge, and a second flat screen TV. The loveseat pulled out into a twin bed. The staff was very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at Inner Harbor. The location is cental to shopping, restaurants and attractions and we always felt safe coming and going even at night. The staff was very helpful always saying hello and offering tips for transportation. Parking is by Valet only which bothered me at first, but it took the work out of worrying about finding a parking garage. The rooms are a good size and very clean. The breakfast buffet was very nice and the gentleman tending to the service was kind and made you feel at home. We will no doubt stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor. I really appreciate your feedback. There is no greater review, in our industry anyway, than a repeat guest! Thanks so much for choosing SpringHill Suites and for your loyalty!

Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Baltimore is known for its hospitality and this hotel is no exception. Our stay was on a very snowy weekend and very few residents were checked-in, so for that reason they decided not to open the bar/lounge. When we inquired they said they would be happy to accommodate us if we only wanted bottled beer or wine - not fancy mixed drinks. This solution suited us just fine and we were pleased that they would make an exception for us. This kind of customer service is just the kind of thing that merits high praise. Our suite was perfect with plenty of space and privacy for a couple travelling with a teenage grandson. The housekeeping staff very helpful when we asked for additional blankets. There were not a lot of restaurant choices in the immediate area, but enough. And, besides we were walking distance to the inner harbor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hockessin, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very friendly greeting from desk staff, clean hotel room nice no view of inner harbor though. Close to harbor 2 block walk but city hotel our view was another building. There was a nice breakfast included in room . Sadly the one thing that stands out is when we picked up the car from the valet parking. the attendant didn't even make eye contact or thank me when I tipped him... this came off as rude. so I guess I should say don't tip them but maybe it was just the one attendant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor. I greatly appreciate your honest and sincere feedback.

I will be certain to discuss the concerns raised with our third party valet manager and her valet team. This is not at all the service that is to be provided to any of our guests at any time, third party vendor or not. We are here to provide a fun, friendly atmosphere for our guests and service is utmost important.

I look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Baltimore!

Jason Curtis

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!