“very nice hotel.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #18 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Rochester, Massachusetts
“very nice hotel.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Once again.....reading past reviews of this property gave us a "mixed bag" feeling, but the best way to find out is go there yourself. You like it, you may come back....you don;t like it, you won't stay there again. It's not rocket science, ya know ???
My husband Bill & I spent 3 nights at this property and we would definitely stay here again.
The staff was very pleasant. The food at the breakfast buffet was more than adequate.
The Studio Suite had more than enough room for 2 people. The view was what you made of it.....ours was of the hotel across the street. No biggie.
The ambience and atmosphere of the property was awesome !!!! It's actually a former bank. Speaking of which....you MUST see "the Vault".
The small bar at the back end of the hotel was great as well. Nice spot for a quiet drink. HI MARIO !!!!! He's the best bartender they have.
Also...one of the best things about this property is it's proximity to the Inner Harbor.....literally an 8 minute walk...indeed....2 blocks. Yes, some of the reviews say that it's not in the best "location". My advice to that......KNOW YOUR SURROUNDINGS.....EVERY BIG CITY HAS THEIR SHARE OF "SAFE" AND "NOT-SO-SAFE" AREAS TO WALK IN AT NIGHT....ASK THE STAFF...THEY WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TELL YOU WHERE TO GO AND WHERE NOT TO GO !!!!.
As I said at the start of this.....we would definitely return to this hotel again....perhaps next year when the Orioles play the "Sox" at awesome Camden Yards.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank You for your honest review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor/Downtown. Our team appreciates your feedback...especially Mario!!

There are some exciting things happening all around us...Chesapeak Theatre Company is taking over the space currently occupied by an entertainment venue. The building across the street that was going to be a hotel is now going to be converted into apartments. The bulidings a block from us that are vacant on Baltimore Street are going to be removed and turned into a city park, potentially. There are additional vacant commercial office buildings that are currently in the process of being turned into apartment buildings as well. Great news for our neighborhood!

Thanks again for your comments. I hope you stay with us again soon!

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Several of us stayed here for a small family reunion, and it was a great choice. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, pleasant, and helpful. I had the impression that there is a real culture of customer service, and that everyone has the goal of making your stay pleasant. The location was convenient, and the rooms were clean and comfortable, but the outstanding element was quality of the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Matress and pillows were the worst ever. The room was very noisy,lots of sirens and construction outside. .Horrible breakfast. Staff was friendly.The location made it worth staying.Everything was easy to walk to. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We did a trade show in Baltimore and had the opportunity stay at this recently-minted Springhill by Marriott. They have a happy hour each evening with full bar. The hotel may be new, but it is a vintage building. We enjoyed the accomodations, and the end room was especially spacious (910). Walking distance to the ball park, the convention center, inner harbor and great restaurants.

Room Tip: end rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SpringHillBaltimore, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at the SpringHill Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor.

Our building cornerstone was actually laid in 1890, and the Maryland Trust Bank opened in 1900. We survived the great fire of 1904 and reopened in 1905! One of the few buildings in the Inner Harbor to survive the City fire. Lots of little features to discover during your stay...and we are walking distance to everything in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

Thanks again for the review!

Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a group trip, to watch some football. I will never stay in that area again. I will go back to Fells Point or Pier 5. The staff was were very nice and helpful, breakfast and happy hour, very good, rooms were clean and nice.

A lot of things went on at late hours, due to a club being in he area, a lot if sirens, police, strange people and it's not Sade to walk alone.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor. I do appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry you feel our hotel is in a sketchy location. We are located just two blocks from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. There is a club in the area that will be closing January 2013 and a new Shakespeare Theatre Company is taking over the building! There are three other hotels on our street and a new restaurant just opened a couple weeks ago, so tihngs are improving in our part of the Inner Harbor.

Thanks again for your comments.

Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for my training in Baltimore with my company. On my very first morning here I believe I was the first to arrive at breakfast. Although breakfast is served at 6:30am, I was down there at 5:30 am to get coffee. I was very hungry but did not want to go against the rules and ask if I could eat early, but then I met Gary the breakfast guy. What a nice guy and was the best customer service I have had in years. I wanted to have a waffle and knew it was to early, but he said for me to help myself. Well I did not know how to make them and he took it upon himself to warm up the iron, spray the iron, and asked what kind of flavor I wanted. Who does this now days? He made me a waffle, provided with me with syrup and butter. Told me to help myself to coffee even though it was early, and had the most pleasant conversation to where I did not even want to go upstairs and get ready. Please if you stay here be sure to stop by and say hello to Gary the breakfast guy. Although he did not have to, he took it upon himself to set up the breakfast bar by himself to help out his co-worker. Just a nice nice guy. Thank you Gary. As far as the Hotel is concern the rooms are great with 2 TV's and Housekeeping staff you can trust. Everything was left in place and cleaned everyday. I would highly recommend this Hotel if you have business in Baltimore or just plain pleasure. Way to go Springhill Suites. I definitely will be back if in Baltimore.

Room Tip: I stayed in 408 and was wonderful!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Recently spent a couple of nights at this hotel -- can't say enough about the great location! It is 2 short blocks away from the heart of the Inner Harbor. The staff was very professional and kind. They had some wonderful recommendations of places to visit and eat! The room was very clean and spacious! The atmosphere in the lobby is very unique! I would definately recommend staying here and plan to visit again in the future!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!