“Most comfortable buisiness stay ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor

You added SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #18 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
westfield nj
“Most comfortable buisiness stay ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

I generally travel to the inner harbor on business twice a year. Generally I would stay at the Sheraton (formerly the Wyndham) since that the property that was close to the convention center but fit into the budget. I've never been impressed by them at all, and the last time I stayed there I said never again.
Seeing that the hotel was only an extra block away, I decided to stay here at the SpringHill Suites.
I was extremely impressed. The room may have been a tad small, but there was a small comfortable living room complete with a microwave, sink coffee pot, fridge and a plasma tv. The bedroom had an extremely comfortable bed also with a plasma tv.
This is a newly opened property and I did like the room, but what impressed me even more was how friendly and helpful the staff of this hotel was during my entire visit. I travel out of town about fifty days a year this is the first time that I was so totally impressed that I decided that the staff needed a pat on the back and a job well done from me, and I'm hoping that in writing this review they get that pat on the back. Every staff member that I came in contact with greeted me with a smile and a hello. I felt like I was staying at a friends house, not a corporate property and I will definitely stay here next time I'm in town.

• Liked — Clean comfortable room with a great staff
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

I just stayed at the hotel last week (Jan 2008) travelling on business. I had originally booked at the Hampton Inn, which was across the street; however, I didn't realize the SHS was THAT close to our office so I called the hotel literally from my rental car and made the change.

The staff was very friendly and amenable to all of my requests and I was pleasantly surprised at the amenities and condition of the hotel. The front desk told me that it just opened in Nov 2007 so there's still a lot of 'newness' everywhere. Keeping in mind that this is a SHS (category 4) so it's laid back with less frills though NOT less class.

My room was PERFECT. It was a one bedroom suite, which was quite large from most. The livingroom was very spacious with a large screen, flat panel TV, sofa, chair and workstation. The wireless worked without any problems, though there was also an ethernet cable available. The cabinets were darkwood, with dishes, microwave and mini-fridge. I had a walk down the hallway to a HUGE bath that was completely separate from the toilet (toilet was across the hall from the shower). The stand-up shower was very large with two large frosted windows. The vanity easily held all MY stuff (which is saying A LOT!) Further down the hall was the bedroom with one smaller dresser and two nightstands; another large flatscreen panel TV with beautiful pix, unusually high # of cable channels, PLUS the radio has an iPod jack/stem. The bed was very comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows and extra blankets in the closet.

Given the class of this hotel, there's no room service but the front desk is happy to give you menus to restaurants that DON'T charge a delivery charge, though some have minimum orders like $25. I ordered two nites from Mo's and it was pretty good. A colleague ordered pizza from another delivery place and found it to be pretty good as well. You're also in the heart of things so you can walk to nice restaurants in the area. The hotel does provide breakfast with a very large variety of options, from self-poured waffles to muffins, bagels, fruit and juices/coffee.

There was noise outside but you can't blame a hotel for street noises in a large city like Baltimore. The rooms are pretty well insulated so I didn't hear anymore noise than I do in Toronto...NYC...DC...etc.

I had NO complaints with this hotel. HIGHLY recommend!

• Liked — Rooms, Staff
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

From 12:30 AM to 3:30 AM, there was a disturbance outside from patrons of a nearby nightclub so loud it woke everyone in my room up. I'm usually a heavy sleeper -- it takes a lot to wake me up. When I called the front desk around 2:00 AM to ask them to do something about the noise, they said this was a usual occurrence on weekend nights and they would have to call the police to get the crowd to go home. The noise outside is out of the hotel's control, but if this was a usual occurrence, I would expect the hotel staff to PROACTIVELY call the police instead of waiting for their guests to complain. The next morning, we decided to check out early. The person at the front desk commented that we were checking out early, but didn't bother to ask WHY, and looked like she could care less. At over $200 per night, I expect a hotel to offer good service to their guests. This one failed miserably.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2007

I found this hotel after a request on the Trip Advisor forum based on price and location. The hotel opened two weeks before my arrival, so I didn't know what to expect and I was pleasantly suprised. The location is ideal. I walked to the area with all of the restaurants, shops and attractions in about three minutes. There was also the water taxi to go to Fell's Point and the big mall - The Galeria, I think. The lobby is nothing special here but I was pleased to see that this is just a new hotel in an historic building. There is a sitting area with a big flat screen tv and a breakfast area as well as a bar and a small snack store, but I didn't take advantage of any of these. (There is too much going on around town to hang out in a hotel lobby.) Check in was smooth and the young lady at the front desk was one of the friendliest I have encountered. I thought she was unique, but every single member of the staff went out of there way to make sure everything was good and had a genuine interest in me as a guest. So far, so good. But then I got to the room and I was blown away. Mini fridge, microwave, bar sink and microwave at the entrance lead to a living room with a good size desk, couch, chair and flat screen tv. The decor is tasteful and comfortable with a Caribbean flaire. The bedroom has a comfortable king size bed with six pillows, another flat screen tv and and plenty of closet space as well as a small dresser. Two huge windows kept the room bright and provided a nice view. There was the noise that is to be expected in the city: sirens, horns, etc. but the alarm clock has nature sounds such a ocean waves and river noises which were amusing and helpful. Great bathroom, full length mirrors, tub and toilet in one room, sink in seperate area. Great soaps and shampoos made with sea kelp, hair dryer provided. The only suprise was valet parking (no self parking available) at $28 a day. Not a big deal but I wish I knew in advance. Free WiFi in the room was great and a free bottle of water. Nice to see you are not being nickeled and dimed. I'll certainly stay here again.

• Liked — The room was one of the best I have stayed in.
  • Disliked — Valet parking charge
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!