“Don't give them your credit card!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get 15% Off Your Stay
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Boston, Massachusetts
“Don't give them your credit card!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Horrific service, horrific hotel. If I could give it a negative 5 I would. My family stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with the bill ALREADY paid beforehand. We ordered an extra cot for the first night, and I happened to pay for it with my credit card. Note: I only stayed one night there. Couple days later, I realized my credit card was charged a random $110+ from the place even though it 1) wasn't my reservation, 2) everything was already paid for beforehand, and 3) I never signed anything which said they had permission to charge me that amount, which pretty much makes what they did illegal.

Called them like 10 times (literally), got 1 return call ONCE. And then never again. Eventually the front desk person at one point said the amount was already being taken off and should be back in my account in 2 days. No apology was given, just a "I have no idea how that happened." A week later, the charge is STILL there, and when I call back, they say just keep on leaving the guy Mr. Patel or whatever his name is yet ANOTHER voicemail. I tell them that no one ever calls me back and the front desk person tells me she can't do anything to solve that and was incredibly flippant about it.

STILL in the process of trying to reach someone and get this settled.

If you have such a lack of respect for your customers, why are you in the hospitality business? Point being, don't let them have your credit card info! The rest of the stay was fine in itself, our room smelled like smoke and we don't smoke, but whatever, we weren't overly concerned with that. The important part, this place just takes your credit card information and charges whatever they want on it. Complete and utter scam of a business!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
patpatel, Accounting at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We appreciate you letting us know of your experience and apologize for an accounting error. We tried calling 4-5 times to get more details on your stay to solve the billing issue, but were not successful connecting with you. Finally, after finding out more info from your last voice mail message, we were able to see the accounting error on our part. We had billed your credit card incorrectly and issued the refund immediately and charged the correct credit card for the travel agency. Again, our apologies and hope you'll give an opportunity to welcome you on your future visit to Baltimore area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sun City Center, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

had to come to Baltimore for John Hopkins place is very clean and pretty cheap not far from hospital staff i polite all and all good for he money

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The price is excellent, the rooms arent bad, and the staff is nice. If youre looking for a cheap,clean place to stay, this is it. Doesnt have the best location, and its kind of hard to find if your not familar with baltimore.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Heathsville, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Rooms were clean, 6 floor rooms were larger than rooms on 4th floor. Every one was very friendly.

Room Tip: 6 floor rooms were bigger than 4 floor rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We had a family reunion at this hotel on 10/1/11 and was very satisfied. The Banquet Manager was very accomadating as was the entire staff. The staff was very polite. Though the hotel is is being upgraded and having exterior touch ups the rooms were satisfying. Our banquet room was just right for our event and again the banquet houseman and entire staff were very accomadating. I will definently book again.

Room Tip: By this being my first time at this hotel I have nothing to compare to. Just to say that myself and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We went to the Baltimore Zoo and used GPS to find this hotel. I must say was alittle scary with the sketchy area, but to my surprise location of the hotel wasn't bad at all. We had requested a King bed / no smoking. They were very friendly at the front desk.... but the room we received stunk of smoke and blunts... no fridge and the phone didn't even operate to contact the front desk. So as one can imagine I was very unhappy. However, I used my cell phone called and it was resolved in less then 5 minutes. Then I was provided a very nice room with all the amenities promised as advertised and manager was very friendly and cooperative. Other, then that room was clean, staff was very friendly, and hotel was located very short commute into the city. I might not stay her again mainly because I want to be closer to the harbor, however you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Make sure your not afraid to complain if the room isn't to your standards .... but be very frien...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
patpatel, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for having to move you, but glad to hear that the issue was handled to your satisfaction. We hope you can stay with us again.

Susie K.
San Juan, PR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I get there after reading a lot of good reviews and the price.

It could be a better stay, but the hotel facilities were not good, the internet service never worked, the toilet was not working properly, to mention some. In addition, this place was under re-modeling.
The room cleaning service was terrible too, they just pick towels and replace with new ones. You can see spider traps in all the room corners.
The TV remote control didn´t work also.
I have been in several hotels of the same class, with way better service and facilities than this one.
Front desk service, very bad also.
I have to say that this was my first and last stay over there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that your mentioned issues will not occur in the future. I sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Susie K.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!