“Very Satisfied” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 69 hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Satisfied”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We had a family reunion at this hotel on 10/1/11 and was very satisfied. The Banquet Manager was very accomadating as was the entire staff. The staff was very polite. Though the hotel is is being upgraded and having exterior touch ups the rooms were satisfying. Our banquet room was just right for our event and again the banquet houseman and entire staff were very accomadating. I will definently book again.

Room Tip: By this being my first time at this hotel I have nothing to compare to. Just to say that myself and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

We went to the Baltimore Zoo and used GPS to find this hotel. I must say was alittle scary with the sketchy area, but to my surprise location of the hotel wasn't bad at all. We had requested a King bed / no smoking. They were very friendly at the front desk.... but the room we received stunk of smoke and blunts... no fridge and the phone didn't even operate to contact the front desk. So as one can imagine I was very unhappy. However, I used my cell phone called and it was resolved in less then 5 minutes. Then I was provided a very nice room with all the amenities promised as advertised and manager was very friendly and cooperative. Other, then that room was clean, staff was very friendly, and hotel was located very short commute into the city. I might not stay her again mainly because I want to be closer to the harbor, however you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Make sure your not afraid to complain if the room isn't to your standards .... but be very frien...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
patpatel, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback. I apologize for having to move you, but glad to hear that the issue was handled to your satisfaction. We hope you can stay with us again.

Susie K.
San Juan, PR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I get there after reading a lot of good reviews and the price.

It could be a better stay, but the hotel facilities were not good, the internet service never worked, the toilet was not working properly, to mention some. In addition, this place was under re-modeling.
The room cleaning service was terrible too, they just pick towels and replace with new ones. You can see spider traps in all the room corners.
The TV remote control didn´t work also.
I have been in several hotels of the same class, with way better service and facilities than this one.
Front desk service, very bad also.
I have to say that this was my first and last stay over there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. There is never an excuse for providing a valued guest, such as you, with anything less than a perfect experience. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action to ensure that your mentioned issues will not occur in the future. I sincerely hope you will give us an opportunity in the near future to extend our hospitality.

Susie K.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

This hotel used to be a clean, quality, budget friendly hotel, now its a run down dump. had to move to 3 different rooms for a plugged, dirty sink to the sheets being soiled and hairy! ironically the staff didn't seem alarmed at all just shift you to another nasty room! WARNING STAY AWAY!

Room Tip: to get the best room go to another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
patpatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Khloe35,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located throughout the country.

Strasburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

We were looking for a room that was close enough to the Balti. Convention Ctr. and cost effective, when this was located online. The room was clean had good; beds, TV, shower, heat and a decent continental breakfast. The price was right and it took less than 15 min. to get downtown. I was greatly impressed, when I realized I'd left something in the room and called 2 weeks later. The manager; Pat Patel returned my call and 3 days later I received my lost item, in the mail. I'd stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging.

We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Regards,
Americas Best Value Inn-Baltimore MD
Bristol, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights so my son could have medical tests at John Hopkins. It was cheap and convenient to the downtown. After my sons test he vomited all over the floor in the lobby and one of the staff members rushed right over to help. He was so sweet and cleaned it right up. They were so helpful and we were able to rest quietly. It wasn't the most modern in the rooms, but the fridge was a great plus. I would definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. I hope that your son is doing well. I felt so sorry for him that day. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

B'more
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

The floor in the bathroom was sticky, the shower curtain had weird spots on it and the top of the TV looked liked someone had left a caramel apple on it and the service never cleaned it. Otherwise the roomrate for this room was higher than expected, they did not have any king beds available so I had to take a quenn at the same price.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with our housekeeping service. We have recently hired and trained new housekeepers. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Americas Best Value Inn-Baltimore, MD

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!