“A Little Gem in the City of Baltimore” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Valet Parking!
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Ewa Beach, United States
“A Little Gem in the City of Baltimore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

The staff is great and very accommodating. Valet area is small, limited parking. Morning breakfast was sufficient since it was free- eggs, waffles, pastries, fruits but come early. Especially, if there's a conference in town, like the weekend we stayed _"Tastefully Simple" conference, OMG! Diners close by "Frank and Nick's" and "Potbelly", couple bars on the way. Close to JHU and Inner Harbor area, about 10 minutes walking to National Aquarium.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the rest of my team.

We very much appreciate sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Mustapha Agourram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

My family stayed here for the weekend and overall had a pleasant experience. However, I must say although the hotel staff were friendly they were not very informative. When checking in, they basically give you your key or swiping card and send you on your way. They don't tell you about the pool or the free breakfast (hours) or explain how the valet parking works. I am used to going to hotels that at least inform guests about the amenities of the hotel. Thank goodness I knew a little bit about the hotel only because I researched it before traveling there. We didn't realize that there was a free (Charm City bus) that is easy to walk to from the hotel that takes you around the Baltimore area until the second day we were there. A kind guest at the hotel told us about it! I will say the hotel was clean and offered coffee/tea 24 hours/day which was nice and the free breakfast was good. Wish they offered more fresh fruits because of my grain sensitivity. Everything offered was primarily carbs (Danishes, bread, waffles, etc.). Needless to say, my kids were in heaven! I think that valet parking should be an option (expensive) not a necessity. We had no other choice because parking was limited in that area. I wish they offered self parking for a discounted rate per day so we didn't have to rely on the staff to constantly bring us our car to go somewhere and to have the pressure of tipping them something each time. Not to complain, but I found that everyone expects you to tip them for everything! We paid for a pirate ship cruise that was awesome but at the end, they asked you to tip them. I feel if you pay $20.00 per person for an hour cruise that they should not ask for another dime! We loved our weekend getaway but it was expensive making you think how do avg. people afford big vacations! This was a mini one and not cheap! Lastly, there was an Italian festival in Little Italy that was nice. My kids enjoyed walking through seeing the Italian foods offered and eating water ice. We ate at the La Tavola restaurant because we had a groupon but honestly not impressed. Small portion of pasta served to my kids for $9.00 with no vegetable. Also, my husband ordered a seafood combo dish that he always gets at our local Italian restaurant and it was pricey with again a small serving. My husband is 6'5! Felt nickeled and dimed there. I heard great things about the food here but was disappointed. We did go to the Medieval Times in Hanover, MD. which was the highlight of our trip. Good entertainment with plenty of food = great time! This was definitely a memorable experience for my kids. There is a lot to do in Baltimore but you have to find things that are not too expensive because it gets pricey there!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that the staff at check in didn't inform you of the hotel amenities. I will definitely address with my staff. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My family (2 adults, 2 young adults) recently stayed 3 nights at Hampton Inn-Downton Convention Center on 5th floor across from Camden Yards (Orioles) stadium. We could hear some traffic noise overnight, but it wasn’t overbearing. All staff we came in contact with was very friendly and courteous. Added to your hotel stay is valet parking ($29/day + city + state taxes)—other parking garages in the area, but appear to be similarly priced. Room was fine, bedding/pillows comfortable and housekeeping kept it clean, supplied with towels. Coffee/tea and microwave/toaster available 24 hours at breakfast area near front desk. Included breakfast was good, very adequate to feed growing young adults appetite -- i.e. variety available (some changes daily) including eggs (scrambled, hardboiled), potatoes, French toast, waffles, cereal, bagels, bread, muffins, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. Pool was staffed with lifeguard and although small in size, adequate for fun activity after day touring Baltimore. Near to hotel are several taverns busiest probably during home baseball games. We ate at Camden Pub and food was good. Hotel is within walking distance (15-20 minutes) of Inner Harbor Area and its many sights/Baltimore Visitors Center, lots of shopping (pavilions at the Harbor and the Gallery across the street from the Harbor) and eateries (few are Uno’s, Five Guys, Chipotle, Hard Rock Café, Cheesecake factory, Starbucks). CVS and Rite Aid are also within walking distance. We toured/walked everywhere (felt safe) in Inner Harbor area and saw Babe Ruth Museum, Historical ships, Aquarium, Federal Hill overlooking the Harbor (beautiful), and traveled by car to Antiques on North Howard Street, Baltimore Basilica and Fort McHenry. Watched talented street performers at the Harbor place amphitheatre (free). There are other free activites (including parks, farmers markets, etc.) on Baltimore website. Also free city bus (Charm City Circulator-nearby stop) is available to get to sites, we didn’t use it, however many do. Inner Harbor area parking in garages ($$) or charges/meters on streets. We were able to tour, shop and do things within our budget and definitely enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors would have less street travel noise
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Convention Center. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Not my favorite location to stay when I am in baltimore but we were looking for a quality hotel and value this trip. The Hampton inn definitely delivered. Hotel is clean, rooms are spotless, comfy beds, nice bathrooms. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Great to place to stay if in town for a game or convention.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments wiht the entire team.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Extremely convenient if you are going to a baseball game as you literally step out of the lobby, cross the street and you are in Camden Yards! Breakfast was ok, not the greatest. Can't close the curtains in the rooms--too bright in the morning.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hampton Inn Convention Center, MD. I am sorry to read about the curtains in the room. We have addressed the issue with our team; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
We hope to welcome you to the hampton Inn Camden Yards sooner
Wilson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Loved being able to step across the street for games and walk to area attractions. Walking distance to Inner Harbor and drove to Little Italy for dinner. Would definitely stay here again if you can get a competitive rate.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and location. I am pleased to hear you had a pleasant stay.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Love this hotel!!! Clean and friendly, great location. We loved that you get a FREE hot breakfast. Food was delicious! Also, despite the pubs nearby, it was reasonably quiet at night. Staff is the nicest I've ever encountered!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mustapha A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel and staff. I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Camden Yards
Mustapha Agourram

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center? Share your experiences!