I stayed five nights while attending a conference. There's a reason this hotel is currently ranked 4th out of 70+ hotels in Baltimore beginning with its great location right across the street from Camden Yards Baseball Field, easy walking distance to the Convention Center, the Inner Harbor and other places you might want to visit downtown as well as to transportation options. I never found out when it was built, but it feels like a fairly new hotel - clean and not worn. I often stay at Hampton Inns and appreciate the usual amenities - free breakfast etc - here I appreciated that there was plenty of space to eat in the breakfast area. The management here seems to be very customer focused. Because it's right next to the ballpark, there are times when it is very full with families, and while the hotel is very family friendly they don't let kids run wild and loose in public areas which I really appreciate.
Two other highlights worth mentioning - this might be the first hotel I have stayed in where they actually took "being green" seriously. Many hotels will give you the option of reusing your towel by hanging it up, but house keeping will still give you a new towel every day. Here they followed through and only replaced towels when I asked for it but they still cleaned the rest of the room well. Finally, silence and sound proofing is probably what I value most when at a hotel - and this hotel honored my request for a "quieter" room at the end of a hall but the walls seemed sound proofed well also. My only critique is that given that the walls seemed sound proofed, there was a 3/4 inch crack under the doorway to the hall which obviously let some noise in. Not a big deal (I put the floor mat there at night.) but it just struck me as interesting as so many other things were done so well.
Definitely worth staying!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Baltimore Downtown Hotel
- Hampton Inn Baltimore Downtown Hotel Baltimore
- Hampton Inn Camden Yards
- Hampton Inn Baltimore
- Baltimore Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance to many of downtown Baltimore's main sites, including Oriole Park at Camden Yards, The Convention Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, this hotel provides comfortable accommodations and modern amenities, in the heart of the city. Guests can also visit the nearby Babe Ruth Museum, the B & O Railroad Museum, M&T Stadium and the exciting Inner Harbor. Guests at the Baltimore Downtown Convention Center Hampton Inn can also relax on comfortable Cloud Nine beds and enjoy in-room movies on flat-screen TVs. The hotel also offers a delicious free hot breakfast as well as wireless internet access and free guest laundry services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Olotels, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.