“EXCELLENT!! Would stay again! Superb staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Valet Parking!
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“EXCELLENT!! Would stay again! Superb staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Room was a little loud related to the fact that it is right on the main road but it overlooks Camden Yards. What more can you ask for. Room was clean, bed was comfy, water was hot, walking distance to the Inner Harbor. Staff is very accomodating. No complaints GREAT bang for the buck

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MCR P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Christina L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay. We are glad to here that your stay was enjoyable. We know there are plenty of choices when staying in Baltimore and we are glad you chose to stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

410-685-5000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Okay, guys, it's a Hampton Inn...you aren't going to the Ritz.

With that said, I think this place really served up plenty of bang for the buck.

I was in Baltimore (again) for a wedding (again - yes, wedding number 5 in the last 6 months!), and this place was the one suggested by the couple. The hotel also offered shuttle service to the ceremony and reception, so that was part of its draw. Yes, I am totally down with being lazy and having door-to-door service.

Total plus column wins:
1) Affordable rooms.
2) Well-located hotel. The Inner Harbor area and Federal Hill are easily walkable, and Camden Yards is literally right across the street.
3) Large rooms that are clean, well-maintained, and quiet.
4) Really comfortable beds with big plushy pillows.
5) Free wifi and free plug-in wired Internet.
6) Free continental breakfast. It's not super fancy, but it'll totally get the job done. There's a make-your-own-waffle station, two hot trays (first morning was cheese omelettes and turkey sausages; second morning was scrambled eggs and some hash browns (I think?)), fruit, cereal, oatmeal, toast, yogurt pastries like muffins, etc., and the usual juice, milk, coffee, and tea. You really can't beat it for the price.

One questionable thing:
The private driver service that took me to a destination that should have been ~$7-9 via taxi tried to charge me $15. I asked the front desk lady beforehand how much a cab would typically cost to X destination, and she said "no more than $10." Tried calling for a cab, but then the valet guy instead suggested using the private driver guy. I was wary b/c those are usually expensive, but then they said the private driver guy (who I assume is contracted to service the hotel or something) would charge no more than a taxi's rate. So yeah...$15 is not what the taxi's rate would be. I know this because the next day, when I took a taxi to the train station (a destination that is FARTHER away than my X destination), the metered charge was $7.60. Yup. Note that there is a taxi stand across the street on the lefthand side.

One thing I'd change: The room's temperature control is a little odd. Sometimes it would be too warm and then it would be just right. It's not terrible, but it was extreme enough for us to notice it.

Of note (or maybe I'm just crazy b/c I couldn't find it):
There IS a closet in that room. It's behind the mirror. Yes, the full-length mirror that looks like it's only a wall mirror. Yup, there's a lip to the mirror that you can pull away to reveal - ta da! - a closet. I was baffled when I entered the room and couldn't find a closet, so here's hoping that little tip helps you. :)

Overall, I thought this hotel was a fine choice for an easy, no hassle, clean and comfortable location to call our home base while in Baltimore.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
MCR P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
odderie,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. Five weddings in six months certainly sounds like an exciting time for your family! At Hampton, it is always our goal to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable guest room, warm & friendly service and exceptional value. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations during your most recent stay at our property.

Thanks for pointing out the closet! It is "hidden" somewhat in our traditional guest rooms and we do hear that comment quite a bit. We are looking at ways to help better identify this for our guests.

I appreciate the honest and candid feedback you provided regarding transportation and I will ensure that your comments are shared appropriately. I'd also like to take a look at the thermostat in your guest room as this should regulate the temperature properly.

Thanks again for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Baltimore at some point in the future (wedding or not). As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you, I am at your service.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is fine. Location is right across the street from Camden yards. Very nice design and layout. Room and hotel very clean. My only complaint is our room was drafty, and the HVAC unit was very loud and inefficient. It woke me up several times. I an sure this is something easily fixed.

• Stayed January 2013
MCR P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
ddali,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am quite pleased to hear that our decor and housekeeping team exceeded your expectations and will be sharing that information with our team. I do apologize for your room being drafty and the heating unit being noisy. Our units are inspected on a regular basis to ensure all are operating within standards. If you did not have an opportunity to report this issue to our team during our stay, please let me know what room number you occupied and I will ensure our Engineering team completes a thorough inspection of the unit.

On behalf of the entire team, I want to thank you for taking the time to help us improve the overall stay experience for our guests. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights. it is in a very good location. The staff was excellent,The lady whaen I checked in was very good and she explained every thing about the hotel,free breakfast and even she mwntioned to to keep the room keys next to my mobile.
The breakfast in the morning was excellent.
They had Coffee and tea in the lobby all day for guests and also cookies in the afternoon which was great.
I wanted to fly from Dulles airport and asked for help from the staff and they explained every thing to me.
The resturants close to the hotel are very good.The only draw back is thst there is no supermarket near by.
If I am in Baltimore again I will definetely stay There.

Room Tip: The suite rooms are very spacious and it includes a fridge and a microwave
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bakhsh,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your stay at our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay experience with us and our team members were able to assist you while you were visiting "Charm City".

At Hampton, it is always our goal to be a "friend in town" and assist guests with any possible need that may arise during their stay with us. I will ensure your comments are shared with our entire team.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to Baltimore. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This tiny hotel is squeezed just outside of Camden yards, and we mean tightly positioned directly across the street between a strip of late night beer drinking bars and row houses on the only side. All traffic is one-way, so navigating to the hotel is night marish. Hampton Inn is clean, well kept and the rooms were standard decorated; but nothing to make it above 4 stars. There was no refrigerator to keep drinks cold, the ice machine was not operating (we were told it only operates in the summer - huh?), and only one tiny waste basket for the double queen room we stayed in. You definately hear the door slams from other hotel guests entering their rooms. Parking is completely unsatisfactory. The hotel charges a daily $30 surcharge for what they call "valet parking". In english, there is no public parking and no street parking. Hotel guests are completely at the liberty of the young parking attendants who look hardly old enough to drive, and will take your vehicle right over the 4" cobbled curb to execute navigation of their super crowded check-in space. I cringed each time we had to leave and ask for them to get our SUV. When I asked where their parking garage was I didn't get a precise answer, and told only they could park cars there - again, huh?? When you check into Hampton, there is literally a 14' rectangle of pavement that does not pull through, so you have no choice except to leave your car end sticking out in the major traffic lane while you wait for them to come get your keys and briskly wisk your car away while you pray and cross your fingers it comes back unscratched and in one piece. For the $160 room rate, I was expecting a bit more; alas for Balitmore most rooms of higher quality are $200 and up, so you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant. Breakfast is in-house, and the standard complimentary fare only.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
coffwego,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your stay with us. On behalf of the entire team, I hope you will accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. After reviewing your comments, I was deeply concerned and will be meeting with our Valet Manager to ensure the valet concerns are immediately addressed.

As with most hotels in the city with a small footprint, like us, Valet Parking is the only parking option we can offer. We do our best to keep the parking charges at or below comparable properties in the city. However, regardless of cost, guests should expect that their car is treated with nothing but respect while it is in our care. Running over curbs, etc. as described is not something we find acceptable. As with all vehicles in our care, should damage occur on property, we are fully responsible for that. Both the Valet Manager and I will ensure the team truly understands the importance of this.

Unlike our suite options, our traditional guest rooms do not have a refrigerator or microwave. However, we do have a small amount available for guests upon request. I apologize for our team not making you aware of this during your stay. The property does have ice machines on all guest room floors. We do expect these to be operating year round. In addition to personally checking each machine today, I will be addressing this with our Engineering team.

It is apparent to me that we provided you with a less than exceptional stay experience and for that alone, I simply cannot apologize enough. When your travels bring you back to Baltimore, please contact me directly as I would like to arrange something special for you.

It is my hope by revisiting our hotel, you will see that your concerns were taken to heart, addressed, and will give us the opportunity to earn back your trust and faith in our hotel.

Again, on behalf of the entire team, thank you for providing some critical feedback we will use to improve the overall stay experience for all of our guests. As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service.

Berkley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I'm a stickler for clean rooms and bathrooms and this location was excellent. Great complimentary breakfast and very helpful and friendly staff. The location is not ideal in terms of getting places downtown without your own transportation BUT it is right across from the baseball stadium. My only complaint would be the valet service costs $29 and is mandatory, but the valet staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy K,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. I am glad our Housekeeping team exceeded your expectations during your stay with us and that you found our Valet team friendly and helpful. It is always our goal to provide you with the warm and friendly service guests have come to expect from Hampton.

We do work hard to keep our Valet charges at or below comparable hotels in the area. We realize this expense does seem high, but it is in line with the city. While we wish there were free parking options we could offer to our guests, our small footprint does not make that possible.

On behalf of all of us here at the Hampton Inn Baltimore Downtown Convention Center, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Your couldn't ask for a better location for this hotel. Right downtown across the street from Camden Yards. Beautiful room! Very clean and enormous. Seating area along with work station and a wet bar. I couldn't be happier with my selection.

• Stayed December 2012
scotch 1958,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your most recent stay. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us! The entire team looks forward to welcoming you back to our property when your travels return you to Baltimore! As always, if there is any additional assistance I may provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

410-685-5000

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center? Share your experiences!