I stayed here recently on a business trip. It was close to the job site and had very good reviews... which were accurate. It is right across the street (I would say left field) from Camden Yards.. and maybe 3/4 mile from M&T Bank Stadium.
The only thing to detract is that there is only valet parking at the hotel, which is $29 a day. I took Amtrak in, so it didn"t affect me, but you may want to price it in.... The taxi from Penn Station was $8 excluding tip. A couple of blocks away is the light rail to Penn, which is $1.60. I took this back to the train... Ok if all you have to handle is one piece of luggage. It takes about 20 minutes or so.. trains run depending on day & time. You can pick up a schedule at Penn St or online.
The hotel itself was as described.. nice clean and bright hotel, like the newer Hampton Inns. Service was alway fast & friendly. I had a Jr Suite, which was roomy, with a microwave & mini-fridge. If you want these, they are not standard in rooms... so call ahead for availability.
The internet service was very fast, easy and free.
Included breakfast had a nice variety of hot and cold.. with hot oatmeal, eggs (?) daily and cereals with pastries - bagels, etc., They also had seasonal fresh cut up fruit, which was a plus.
I got dinner takeout from Pickles Pub directly next door... It had some good takeout seafood and a bargain grilled tuna sandwich.
I would defintely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Baltimore Downtown Hotel Baltimore
- Hampton Inn Baltimore Downtown Hotel
- Hampton Inn Camden Yards
- Hampton Inn Baltimore
- Baltimore Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within walking distance to many of downtown Baltimore's main sites, including Oriole Park at Camden Yards, The Convention Center, University of Maryland Medical Center, this hotel provides comfortable accommodations and modern amenities, in the heart of the city. Guests can also visit the nearby Babe Ruth Museum, the B & O Railroad Museum, M&T Stadium and the exciting Inner Harbor. Guests at the Baltimore Downtown Convention Center Hampton Inn can also relax on comfortable Cloud Nine beds and enjoy in-room movies on flat-screen TVs. The hotel also offers a delicious free hot breakfast as well as wireless internet access and free guest laundry services ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, EasyToBook, Priceline, Otel, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Hampton Inn Baltimore-Downtown-Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.