“So So” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Edo Sushi

Edo Sushi
201 East Pratt Street; Suite 2075, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Inner Harbor)
410-843-9804
Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
twin cities minnesota
“So So”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

It was not very impressive. Not much atmosphere and food was so so. I was not impressed with the food or service. The server was not very helpful when I asked questions about some of the dishes. The food was not even average. Would not recommend

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Park Ridge
“Great food, beautiful view.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good, a little on the pricey side but very good. The service was excellent and the view was lovely.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntingtown, MD
“Outstanding View / Stick with the Maki Rolls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

The signs all over the Inner Harbor proclaim Edo Sushi as "Best Sushi in Baltimore". Our family was there on Saturday, December 28th following a visit to the National Aquarium. The view was absolutely outstanding and we had no complaints about the service. Given the sign we'd read about "Best Sushi in Baltimore", we were prepared for a truly outstanding dinner, but the food was mediocre. Some items were really good, others not so much...

For appetizers, we ordered the Seared Tuna (with garlic pepper seasoning), Gyoza (pan fried pork and seafood dumplings served with a soy vinegar sauce), Tokyo Maki (Spicy yellowtail, tempura crunchies, scallion and tobiko roll with tuna, yellowtail and avocado on top), and California Rolls. We all thought the Seared Tuna was cooked very well, but were divided on the garlic pepper seasoning. I thought that the Gyoza was ok, but my son and daughter didn't care for it. For me, the highlight of the meal were the Tokyo Maki, which were outstanding. The California Rolls were good but otherwise unremarkable.

For entrees, my wife ordered the Saturday Bento Box (Salmon & Tuna Nigiri, Chicken Teriyaki, Spicy Tuna Roll, Edamame, Golden Dragon Roll, Vegetable Eggroll) - she said that it was good but unremarkable. One of my daughters ordered the Double Spicy Crabmeat Maki (Spicy real crabmeat and avocado roll with spicy crabmeat, tempura flakes on top). This seemed to be the best item my family ordered, as they all said that the Crabmeat Maki were good. My other daughter and son shared the Sushi & Sashimi Combo. They said it was ok, again unremarkable. I wanted to try the Beef Udo, and asked the waiter to taste the Udo soup. He promptly brought the Udo broth, which I didn't care for. I went instead with the Teriyaki Beef. While the sizzling presentation plate was very nice, I did not care for the Teriyaki Beef. The meat was ok, but the Teriyaki sauce they used with it just did not work. Perhaps it works better with chicken. In any event, we all tried it, and no one liked it.

Bottom line, the view is outstanding. If you stick with the Maki rolls or other sushi, you will be ok. Prices were reasonable (to us). Service was prompt and attentive. All of that said, I cannot agree that it is the best sushi in Baltimore.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oakland, New Jersey
“Mediocre sushi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went to this restaurant for dinner one evening while vacationing in Baltimore with my girlfriend. At first glance, the place seemed okay and was located right on the Inner Harbor. So we decided to give it a chance.

We each ordered the Thursday night special which was a bento box. One had a main dish of chicken teriyaki while the other one had sashimi and nigiri. Overall, I would say the food was pretty mediocre. The best part was the miso soup that came with each meal; it was passable and somewhat tasty. The chicken was prepared in a way where it was very rubbery and not very flavorful. The edamame was okay but didn't seem very fresh. One of the dishes came with soba noodles, that are from my experience normally thick and relatively firm. These noodles were like angel hair pasta and tasted pretty bad. There were sushi rolls that came with each meal that weren't very good and unmemorable to say the least. The sashimi that came with my meal was okay but just passable.

I realize that this Edo is a local sushi chain, so I wasn't expecting anything fantastic. But I've been to many other sushi places that were hardly exceptional, but were at least fresh and decent food. So other than the view of the harbor, I would definitely not recommend this place. And since there are many other places with harbor views, try someplace else.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nothing Exciting , not all that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

THE experience was boring...the food and menu selections boring. 1st and last experience. I was looking for a little more for the price a group of 6 paid....

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere