“Wow where do I begin :-/” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #54 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
“Wow where do I begin :-/”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Well let me start by saying I only stayed here because of an express deal from priceline. Had I known what I was getting into I would have ran far far away! About the only good thing was the price; I got a fairly good deal, and since it was only one night we decided to stay. For starters the room smelled disgusting, kind of like stale cigars. It obviously hadn't been updated in about forever. The couch, chair, and lampshade were dirty. The hotel door itself wouldn't lock unless you slammed it, and the dresser door just plain fell off lol. The shower was decent, but the light switches were so old, grimy, and unsafe looking I almost got dressed in the dark. Oh and the micro fridge leaked, so the carpet was soaked after we got back for the night. Ugh I couldn't leave fast enough!!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Newark, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

This hotel is unfortunately one of the few bad ones I've come across since reviewing on here. The nightmarish mess started with being sent to a room that hadn't been cleaned (after a ridiculously slow check in) and having a difficult time communicating with the reception lady because of her accent and a thick plate glass window separating us. The kind you see in banks in bad areas of a city. This should have clued us in on the quality of hotel and as to what type of customer they probably rented rooms to mostly.
Got a new room finally, checked in and gave everything a quick once over, looked old & worn, but clean, so we left for the rest of our day. Upon returning we discovered all the lamps, tv and fridge weren't working! So we called maintenance who tinkered around for about 15 minutes and returned with an extension cord which he used to plug all the items in into a socket across the room. Yikes!
Then, we were both rudely woken up around 2am by loud talking and laughing that kept getting louder, so after about 20mins of tossing pillows over heads, i went out to see who was being rude in the halls, and give them the "evil stink eye", hoping to shut them up. But to my major surprise I discovered it wasn't any customers, it was the late night staff in the breakfast room yapping away! So i went in there asking if they could keep it down, and instead of getting an apology, i get a stink eye set upon me, and a "Yeah, well, why don't you close the door!" as a response.

The next morning started a whole new set of occurrences that basically made us feel like we were in a temporary homeless shelter, not a hotel. The free continental breakfast food offered was a joke, not much, except a waffle maker and no syrup... because as the guy on staff said "people steal the syrup, so we don't offer it anymore." So why bother having waffles when you don't serve anything with it?

At that point, sitting in the breakfast room, it became clear that the regular people in this hotel were not travelers, like us, but "regulars" of another type. Shouting, multiple babies crying all seemed the norm there in the lobby and breakfast area, and, believe it or not, even irate people "just wanting a &$#!! shower and a shave" turned up for a room while we were there sitting barely able to swallow our measly breakfast fast enough to get out of that place.

After check out, which was thankfully uneventful, we noticed that there was a, let's just say, "community services" building directly next to this hotel, which probably gives vouchers for people in need of rooms and this place is the closest hotel that must accept them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

It is obvious that the folks that own the hotel take pride in ownership. The rooms are spotless and the breakfast plentiful.

Unfortunately it isn't the best location. I was in a very long two training, so all I needed was a bed and a shower. I wasn't interested in any other amnenities.

• Stayed February 2014
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I booked my entire vacation for this hotel this time..they have a way better breakfast with waffles, yogurt and fresh fruit. Short walk to the Baltimore Subway short ride to downtown. Nice spacious room, this is probably one of the top econolodge properties I have stayed at a great price! The only downside is tube TVs...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Bedbugs infested hotel, don.t stay here. This is not fit to be a hotel and the Manager does not have regard for customers. From the entrance of the hotel, every where smells cigarette and when you go into the rooms, you first of all thing everything is okay until you leave you see you paid to get beaten by bugs. It's the most useless hotel I have ever lodged in.

Room Tip: Every where smells cigarette.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Don't stay in this hotel because it is bed bug infested. We lodged there not quite a week and we have sores from bed bugs all over our body and when I called the Manager, there was no good customer service and for over 32 hours now am still expecting a feed back from him since he said he was getting back. It's a trash. I agree with one of the write ups that it's a dump.

Room Tip: Some of the beds have bed bugs.
Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Pretty much a dump. The clerks are behind glass. More things don't work than things that do. The front grill on the AC hangs open, it won't close. It has a clock, but it is broke. When you pick it up, you get 2 pieces. You have to use your shoulder to get the door to open and close. Wifi seem to be a hit or miss type of thing. They give you a list of TV stations and you only get about half of them. The second night the TV didn't work most of the night. I don't think I would stay here again or reccommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!