“Over Priced for the Quality” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pazo Restaurant

Pazo Restaurant
1425 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21201 (Fells Point)
410-534-7296
Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #105 of 1,776 restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Cross street: Caroline St.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Over Priced for the Quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I ate there on a $100 gift certificate from our daughter. She and her friend loved it. I was impressed by the layout and decor, and the appearance of the food. I expected scanty portions and was not disappointed. Two of the four dishes were rather tasty, but the other two were not very good, especially for the price. My wife's salad was simply some apples pieces with rather tasteless cheese pieces.and a poor dressing.

All in all the food might be close to overall acceptability if it were not for the prices. I believe they changed their menu not long before we went, which was about a year after my daughter had been there. That could be an explanation, but unless you have money to burn, I hesitate to tell you to try it.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Baltimore, MD
“Delicious food. Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was about to put 5 stars, but I'm a regular and some things have happened in the last few visits to drop the overall experience a bit. I have been going here since 2007. We have done Bday visits that have been pricey b/c we bought a bottle of wine for $75 that wasn't worth that much.
The food is amazing. My favorite used to be the ceviche but the last few months has been inconsistent, maybe b/c they switched it to a trio of ceviche and is not as great as before. My favorite part is the happy hour. They have a few drinks and tapas that are $5. Most of the time we just try the drinks on the happy hour menu and mix the tapas. You have to be open minded about the drinks though, I go there so much and I think I've only had 1 or 2 that I didn't like. The regular plates are only expensive because you see how much cheaper the tapas options are. Service is usually good, but a few weeks ago, they were having a gala and they shooed my sis and I away. Was not very nice. I went there 2 weeks ago and our server had a 10 top right next to our bar table, he barely took care of us. Service was horrendous. No apologies or anything. We were there for 1 extra hour for no reason. We had our drinks and tapas and were waiting for our dessert and he didn't come to see us for at least 30 minutes before we asked someone else. The food makes it all worth it. Oh and we also ordered the shrimp pintxos and they were frozen shrimp, I was not expecting that from this place but it happens.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lutherville, Maryland
“Great small plates”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent, beautiful, great food and atmosphere. had dinner with the kids for a birthday. Apps are wonderful, as well as the breads and food.

Visited September 2012
Fallston, Maryland
“Great place for a group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The atmosphere is fun and the decor is beautiful. Fill te table with different tapas and plan on relaxing and staying a while.

Visited July 2012
Springfield
“Unique & vibrant setting, with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Really, really loved this restaurant's ambiance. A little bit loud but the decor was marvelous - lush, slightly exotic. We ate in a corner booth with billowing drapery overhead - you almost wanted to be reclining on brilliantly colored pillows. The food was quite good, but rather expensive (which we knew & expected). Had we not eaten snacks earlier in the evening, perhaps we would have sampled more of the tapas, but what we did have (crab bunuelos, crispy cauliflower, mushrooms, goat cheese empanadas, pork buns and a few assorted "firsts" like beet salad and soups) was all very good. We think our waitress was a little perturbed that we did not order more or drink more, but it did not affect our overall enjoyment.

Visited November 2012