“OMG Awesome” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“OMG Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Wow, did not disappoint! The best food in Baltimore. Friendly service and crazy good food. Appetizers were mouth watering. Main course was incredible. Our waiter William made great suggestions. Do not waste your time and money at the other clip joints around the harbor!

Visited January 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“BEST French Fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore. I dubbed their french fries as my absolute favorite when I tried them three years ago, and I've been returning for them ever since. The entrees can be a bit strange for standard taste palettes such as my own, but they're fun to try as they usually taste pretty good. Great vibe, safe neighborhood. A bit small so I'd definitely recommend reservations. Parking is on-street and can be difficult, but that's expected in the city really. Overall, a restaurant I'd highly recommend :)

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Always good......BUT!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Hey ,
For anyone traveling too or new to Baltimore Salt is a must. The food is alway on point, the space it hip and cozi great vibe......BUT.....The service at the bar can be awful. There is a really niceasain guy with great hair that works most nights. He Iis an amazing bartender. There is another bartender that is much older a little bloated and pissed off all tge time. He is awful. Sitat a table if you see him in there....but good spot!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Might go back again tonight!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

In Baltimore for a few days, and based on TA reviews, wife and I had dinner at Salt last night. We made reservations, but the bar looked fun and there was room, so there we stayed. We first shared an order of Duck Fries, and thought they were good, but nothing to rave about. They weren't any better than what I can make at home with a fresh potato and a couple of interesting sauces. But next we had the Pork Belly with apple, and it was indeed amazing. I need to figure out how to replicate this one at home. So after a few cocktails, an appetizer, a really good meal, and fun at the bar for a couple of hours, for about $50 plus a good tip, I would go back. Might even go back tonight!

Visited November 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“A Roaring Success”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I keep a trip diary. These are my notes after our meal at Salt: "it was a roaring success - a very pleasant room, though small - incredibly reasonably priced - duck fat fries with 3 types of aioli - a sweet chipotle (sweet heat); a black truffle oil, pungent unmistakeable flavour & a malt vinegar - the cone of fries was humongous for $9 - we gave away 1/2 to our new best friends at the next table - L had a glass of Marlborough sauvignon blanc for $8 and I had a Maker's Mark sweet Manhattan made just as I asked for it! - L had a sea scallop ceviche app@ $11 - green apple, fennel and pink grapefruit with crisp parsnip chips; I had a frise & arugula salad with radishes and an oil and vinegar dressing with emulsified anchovy in the dressing - it was fabulous and HUGE for $7! L had a squash ravioli with shredded duck as her main - it was an appetizer but more than enough at $11 while I had the quail stuffed with mushrooms over a farro risotto and some rapini at $22. A glass of red for me and a 2nd white for L and GOAT CHEESE DONUTS for dessert - 3 of them spiced with salt and honey and a little pot of coffee ice-cream. All in $130 - it was wonderful!!! - "

• Visited October 2013