“Cool date night! Great GROUPON deal!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 65 Activities in Baltimore
4 attraction reviews
“Cool date night! Great GROUPON deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I saw this deal on GROUPON and could not wait to give it a go for one of me and Hubby's date nights! 2 tix $59 was a great deal considering the normal price was roughly about $50 a ticket! First off, the location is great, IKAROS Restaurant, which has awesome Greek food. If nothing else, go to this event and enjoy the food! The theme of our Murder Mystery was Murder at the Doo Wop (A 50s theme prom). We came dressed for the THEME, whereas, many people DID NOT. Which I hate! Either case...they have you wait in line to take a "mug shot" at the beginning of the night, you are then seated at a table with approximately 4 other couples, and served a three course meal throughout the event. Prior to the event startin the Troupe will come around and randomly put "special" hats on audience participants to play a role in the mystery and they are then"a suspect". My hubby was selected as one of the suspects, but to be honest with yall...most of the time he had no idea what was expected from him outside of a few lines they wanted him to read from a binder on the table,. The acting of the Troupe was pretty terrible in a campy, cheesy way, but I kinda expected that, so I was'nt upset. Overall, this was a cool experience, we actually had a lot of fun and cant wait to do it again! The food and drinks were awesome, service was great, convenient location, free parking.Annnd, I was relieved to know that my Hubby "WAS NOT THE MURDERER"...LOL ...The only reason for not giving it 5 stars...Did'nt like the long wait to get into this event. We waited 2 1/2 months to get an opening. This event gets booked up waaaaaayy in advance. The company has a terrible cancellation/rescheduling policy...(NONE)lol....If you do TRY to reschedule they charge u $15 a tix to change to another date (ROBBERY). Also, I was under the impression we would leave with a pic (assuming it would be the mug shot), but at the end of the nite they tried to get us for $20..(almost as much as my ticket?... please ... Ill pass)... Otherwise, its a good date nite and family outing alternative. Worth checking out!

Visited April 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
“The Mystery is Who Told These People They Could Act”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We attended this show with a group of friends. The show is held at Ikaros Restaurant, one of the best Greek restaurants in Baltimore, so we had high expectations for the quality of the show. That's where we made our mistake. Ikaros simply rents their upstairs to the Murder Mystery Company and provides dinner service. Thank goodness there was dinner service from Ikaros or the entire night would have been a disaster. This company bills themselves as professional actors staging a murder mystery. In this case the show was Murder at the Do-Wop, obviously a 50's theme.
The first hint that something was wrong was being forced to wait in line for upwards of twenty minutes to have a mandatory photo taken. (Surprise, they're going to try and sell it to you later) The acting was sloppy, and it appeared that the troupe had not rehearsed at all. Most of the audience lost interest before the halfway point of the show and engaged in conversations at their tables. As a result, the actors had to ask the audience for quiet several times so they could continue their dreadful performance. The show was completely boring and even the audience members that were recruited to be in the show put on a better and more entertaining performance than the alleged "professional actors". I would have been willing to kill myself to solve the mystery and put the rest of the audience out of the misery of this show. I have never been so eager for a performance to end as I was at this one.
Let me reiterate that the food, provided by Ikaros was very good, as was the service. This review is ONLY of The Murder Mystery Company, not the restaurant. I've noticed that there are recurring Groupon and Living Social coupons for this show for half price. At $30 per person it's still not worth the money. Do yourself a favor and book a table at Ikaros, have an excellent Greek meal and then go to a movie. Avoid The Murder Mystery Company show at all costs!!

Visited February 2014