“Horrible! Disgusting! A Flop House!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Baltimore Northwest

You added Red Roof Inn Baltimore Northwest to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Baltimore Northwest
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5810 Reisterstown Road, Baltimore, MD 21215 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn Baltimore)   |
Ranked #57 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Horrible! Disgusting! A Flop House!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2008

Do not stay here. Run from this place. It should be condemned.

A pseudo-modern 1950's roadside motel that is so run-down and shabby it should not be licensed. The neighborhood can be described as 'bad part of town' or 'high crime area' or 'urban blighted area' or 'the Ghetto.' The street is where you put up your windows and lock the doors.

The room was filthy and depressing. Walls painted an awful "baby vomit green" or if you remember the movie The Exorcist: "Linda Blair green" ... who picked out the awful color sheme? The place smelled of mildew and mold. Broken tiles in the bathroom. No lamps anywhere in the room just a week flourescent bulb in a cheap ceiling fixture. Too dark to read except in the bathroom.

I am not a fussy person, if you read my other reviews I am charitable about places that others found wanting. I have stayed at Youth Hostels, college dorms, hotels in Third World countries as well 4 or 5 star accommodations in places like London, Paris, New York, Hong Kong and Bangkok.

This place was scary! The worst I ever stayed in!! I tried to get out of my reservation, but the management was unsympathetic. I stayed only one night and fled the next morning, forfeiting the amount I spent for two nights.

This motel caters to men who pick up the nastiest and cheapest streetwalkers and need the cheapest room they can find. Just as I was checking in - in a tiny room (no lobby) with the clerk behind a thick bullet-proof window, a guy with a disheveled mangy looking female checked in after me: it was sleazy and scary.

Oh yes! Where there was once a pool, the concrete rectangular hole was filled with dirt! Get this: after dinner when I got back to the grim cell-like room, there were a couple of ragged homeless men sitting outside my room!

Please, please run from this place! Do not consider staying here! The only people who use this place are raunchy dudes and the lowest strata of street prostitutes looking for the cheapest room for an hour!

• Liked — Nothing!!! This is one of the worst places to stay in the world!!!
  • Disliked — Everything!!! Cheap, faded, filthy, moldy, unsafe, broken ... a prison-like flop house!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

We got a motel room for 1 night. The staff was very nice; I had booked the room for the wrong date but didn't realize it until we got there. She let me change our date and didn't charge extra (just make sure you save your receipt with the sales tax, they tried to randomly charge $10 for tax). Otherwise, the room was large and the bed was comfortable. The inside of the room was clean enough, but bring your own towels because theirs feel like sandpaper. The outside of the hotel, tho, is run-down and off of a very busy highway, downtown from Baltimore. The people were very nice and parking was easy. If you're just looking for a bed to sleep in for one or two nights, there's nothing wrong with it.

• Liked — Cheap rates, big room/bed
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable towels, no remote
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Nescopeck
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

I booked the cheapest hotel available and did not expect much. The room was large, the bed clean and comfortable, the TV remote worked and the carpet did not make my socks dirty. The bath towels however, were a grungy color of white. I really wished that I had brought my own as they were just gross. There was lots of hot water and it did not change temperature as I showered like in some hotels, I just hated using that towel to dry off with.

• Liked — cheap price
  • Disliked — grungy bath towels
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2007

This was the apsolute worst hotel I ever tried to stay at! My friends and I tryed to check in about 10 mins after check in time and we were told our rooms would not be ready until the concert we were going to was over! So we think ok no big deal! Come to find out that the people gave away our rooms! We were stuck in the slums of baltimore with no where to go! Priceline did try to help us but than these people decided to start yelling and cursing at us, and saying things I will not repeat on this website! The place was discusting in more ways than one and I seriously suggest staying somewhere else! You will be sorry if you stay here!!

• Liked — It was close to the event I was going to!
  • Disliked — The people that owned the place were rude
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Red Roof Inn Baltimore Northwest? Share your experiences!