“Always great!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Lutherville, Maryland
“Always great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Not a bad item on the menu. Chicken and Waffles are awesome, crab mac & cheese a fav.
Best hot chocolate ever and their Bloody Mary is delicious. We always take out of town visitors here for breakfast/lunch. Downtown location is just as good as Cold Spring Lane -

• Visited March 2014

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Do not miss Miss Shirley's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

There was a wait because it was Sunday morning, but it was well worth it. I heard about Miss Shirley's when I lived in the Baltimore area, but did not have the pleasure of visiting until we moved to PA. It was a wonderful meal and all five of us had something different and memorable. I intend to visit again and consider the 2 hour drive worth it.

• Visited February 2014
Westminster, Maryland
“Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Met with old friend for burnch. The friend had food allergies and the manager actually came out to talk to him about it and suggested alternate foods. They take food allergies very seriously here as wanted no problems.

• Visited March 2014
Notre Dame, IN
“Be nice to old folks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

My mom and I went here for lunch today but left before we could even be seated. My mom is 72 years old and always carries a cup with ice water in it (OCD with a case of xerostomia). As we were being shown to our table, the maître d' rudely told my mom that no outside food or drinks were allowed. We told her that it was only a cup of ice water to which she repeated her claim that no outside beverages were allowed and that my mother could not have her cup of ice water. My mother said she would put it in her purse, but that was still no good. At this point we were only slightly annoyed by this stupid enforcement of the "no outside food or beverages policy", but the coup de grace was when the maître d' treated my mother like she was three years old and said that she would hold her cup of ice water for her while we ate. What an insulting way to treat a nice elderly lady. Was the establishment really worried that my mom might sneak a sip of her own ice water during a $50 lunch meal?

We immediately left the restaurant, and I told the manager on the way out that this was no way to treat a customer and that we would never be coming back to the establishment. Don't treat good people like they are scofflaws. Remember that we are talking about a cup of ice water, for which we should not have been been given such a hard time.

BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your disappointing experience with us. At Miss Shirley's Café, we understand how important first impressions are; therefore we make sure that all of our staff greets every guest with a smile and the warm Southern hospitality we are known for. I sincerely apologize to you and your mother for not receiving a warm welcome when visiting us. Being an a food allergen conscious restaurant, we do prohibit the entrance of any outside food or beverages in order to protect guests with allergies from any possible cross contamination. We continuously strive to improve and grow, so thank you again for your invaluable review.
“Great Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I've visited Miss Shirley's several times. They have the best fried tomatoes ever! I've also had Miss Shirley's Affair with Oscar. That was delicious as well, but a little on the rich side. So many great menu choices. I need to get back there soon!

• Visited June 2013