“Miss Shirleys is the place to go!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Café, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Baltimore, Maryland
“Miss Shirleys is the place to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I decided to go out for a brunch before the big football game. A good friend had told me about the place, and I had seen it mentioned on a local tv show. We arrived about 10:45 on Sunday. There is a private lot but really not necessary on this particular day since there wasnt much traffic in the area. There were a few people in front of us but we waited less than 10 min for our table. We were impressed with the waiter and most of all the food. It was amazing. I had one of the favorites with the poached egg and crab meat...It wasnt too rich just perfect with the fried green tomato and corn relish. My husband had the shrimp,grits with the fried green tomatoes. Cant wait to go back to try another great meal.. oh and the bloody mary and mimosa made for the perfect experience!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax, Virginia
“Best breakfast in years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I were staying at the Renaissance Harborplace and decided to walk to try Miss Shirley's for breakfast based on a recommendation in a magazine. It is converninetly located on Pratt Street in the Inner Harbor area.

We had the best breakfast in years at Miss Shirley's. I had a dish that included 6 fried oysters, chipped, beef, eggs over easy, and some other ingredients. Unusual combination but it was fabulous. My wife had shrimp n grits and she loved it. We also ordered biscuits and they were very good. I also loved the various berry preserves/jellies.

If I had the stamina, I would also have ordered a stuffed french toast special. The french toast was "stuffed" with a pecan pie mixture. A woman at the adjoining table ordered it and raved about the dish.

The wait staff were attentive and we were not pressured considering that there were at least 40 people waiting for tables when we left. I would recommend arriving before 8:30 AM for breakfast since the place is very popular.

The prices were on the high side (over $20 for the specials) but worth it. You get what you pay for at this place.

We will definitely visit this place again when we stay in Baltimore.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Over hyped, overpriced soul food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Was it good? Yes. Was it great? No. The hostesses were extremely rude and unorganized. It was packed. Totally overpriced. I've had way better soul food in Houston and New Orleans. For the wait and the price, I can make shrimp, grits, fried green tomatoes and monkey bread at home.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BaltimoreJen, Public Relations Manager at Miss Shirley's, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and review. I apologize that you did not have a pleasant greeting by our hosts on your recent visit to our restaurant. It is not typical of our team to have poor customer service. We take all reviews seriously and we will address any service issues internally. We strive to ensure that every guest arrives happy and leaves happy and I am disappointed you did not have an overall good experience.
Anderson, South Carolina
“wow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Bresdaast IS the most important meal of the day. Be prepared to wait a while. That said it is definitely well worth the wait. Scrumptious food and great service!

Visited October 2012
Renton, Washington
“Best Place for Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My cousin and I went here for brunch when I came to Baltimore to visit. MIss Shirley's was packed and seemed like THE place to go. They gave gluten-free pancakes, lots of omelette choices, great coffee, efficient and friendly service and delicious food of all types. I strongly recommend giving this place a try.

Visited January 2013