“Great bar, friendly staff, friendly patrons” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mount Vernon Saloon
909 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201-5352 (Mount Vernon)
(410) 685-7427
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #246 of 1,793 restaurants in Baltimore
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Great bar, friendly staff, friendly patrons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This was a great sports bar. The first night we came here was a Saturday, and us 4 Canadian travellers had a hankering for some hockey. We ask the bartender if its at all possible to get Hockey Night in Canada on one of the TVs, and he was happy to oblige. The rest of the patrons in the bar took notice that we must be Canadian and started asking us about hockey. It was like watching the game with a bunch of friends, the bar had a great feel to it. We had hockey, playoff baseball, and college football all going, and were talking sports with everyone around. The drink prices were great, the food was good bar food. We were told on Monday they had rib night and we had to come back for it. We did, and are we ever glad we did. The cajun ribs were fall off the bone perfection.

I would like to give a big shout out to Ashley and Kara for making us feel like we were at home. Both were super friendly and really made the bar a greta place. I will definitely be back if I'm ever back in Baltimore.

• Visited October 2013

78% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“Old Friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have been a patron of the Mt. Vernon Stable for years probably off and on for the better part of 20 years. It has dinner specials that are to die for. It also has a happy hour on the weekend that is great!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Welcome addition to a great old neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

A great little cafe that would be perfectly at home in the better parts of Paris or Rome. Very continental, but without the appetite killing prices you now see in upscale small cafes in Europe. Very intimate, great staff, great food! Maybe I should not be telling people all this...I would like to get a seat there the next time I go there, which will be soon.

Visited February 2013
Orrtanna, Pennsylvania
“This is the place to eat and drink in Mt Vernon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Incredible burgers and bar food. Super friendly wait staff and Cheers like feeling in the basement pub. This is where the real people who live in the area go to have fun. When I lived in Baltimore I was a regular there for a reason.

• Visited March 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“So glad I went”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

While visiting in Baltimore, a relative recommended this restaurant, which is in the heart of downtown Baltimore, in the Mt. Vernon area. We ate early so missed the crowd. The inside was quite a surprise based on the building it was in. I loved the decor and the atmosphere. Very modern with a great bar area. We ate three different types of food--my husband had mussels, which he raved over; I had a burrito, which was huge and out of this world, and the third party had enchiladas, which he enjoyed. The variety of the menu was amazing. I will definitely go back next time I am in town.

• Visited August 2012