We stayed at this property using free nights/points. We had not visited Baltimore so we didn't know much about the city. We debated getting a rental car but decided against it in large part due to the high overnight parking fee at the hotel. It turns out that was great for us because we didn't need a rental car at all! This hotel was in walking distance of many of the Baltimore tourism attractions. Cabs were abundant and the Charm City Circulator (free bus) had stops near the hotel.
The hotel was very clean and spacious. As a family of three, we love the Residence Inn properties because it gives our child more space to play and it is nice to have two televisions as well as a kitchenette. Our only MINOR glitches were towels and bedding. There were three of us in the room and we had to call for extra towels each day as they only supplied two to our room. Our son slept on the pull-out sofa and the sheets for it had some ink stains and a couple of holes. We were on the 9th floor near the elevator and did not have any noise issues.
Our biggest surprise about the hotel was the staff. I am always amused at the comments on staff on tripadvisor. My contact with the front desk staff is usually limited to getting a key at check-in, so when people have a lot to say about front desk staff (either good or bad) I'm a little curious. However, we had several contacts with the front desk on this trip and they were all great! We went in to Washington DC for one day during our four day stay. I had researched the "best" way to do this on the internet, but I asked the front desk staff as well. They gave me a MUCH easier (free!) way to get to the train station. They answered lots of Baltimore questions and were just super helpful/friendly.
The valet/bell staff was also great. They were helpful in getting us cabs and with giving directions. In addition, we had a car service scheduled for our return trip to the airport. The car wasn't there when it was supposed to be. It was scheduled for 12:30 and when it didn't arrive at 12:30, they were making calls about it. The car arrived in a couple of minutes. They were very engaged with my son as well. We had a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Baltimore/Downtown is the city’s premier, downtown all suite hotel. Offering 188 studio, one and two bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living and dinning areas the Residence Inn Baltimore is the perfect hotel choice for guests visiting for a day, a week, a month or longer. Located in the heart of Baltimore, business travelers can walk to nearly any office in the city, and we are just steps away from the Baltimore Convention Center or the Baltimore Courthouse. Leisure travelers can walk two blocks to Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor to visit the Baltimore Aquarium, US Constellation or the multitude of shops and restaurants on the waterfront and experience the best Baltimore has to offer. Our sports enthusiasts can pre-game at 17 Light, our on-site restaurant & lounge. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium and the First Mariner Arena are also with in walking distance of the hotel.The Residence Inn Baltimore/Downtown is an excellent choice if you’re planning a meeting or group event. The hotel has 1,100 square feet of meeting space which can accommodate fully catered events for up to 80 people. Our on-site restaurant and lounge, 17 Light is open for lunch, dinner and room service, and features happy hour specials Monday thru Friday. Replenish after a long day of meetings or touring “Charm City”, and enjoy American Cuisine and some Baltimore favorites like our jumbo lump crab cakes. Kick back, relax and enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail in before taking the elevator home. Come experience 17 Light Restaurant & Lounge!We are easy access the Baltimore’s top medical facilities. Johns Hopkins Hospital and University centers offer our guests complimentary shuttle service to and from the hotel. The University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital are also very convenient to our hotel Our hotel offers large suites, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, evening social events Tuesday through Thursday, complimentary high speed internet, on site business center, and guest laundry facilities. Offer discounted room rates for guests staying five nights or more while earning Marriott Rewards points make us the best value in Baltimore.Our staff specializes in creating a comfortable home like atmosphere with all the conveniences of a hotel. We want to help make your next trip to Baltimore a particularly memorable one. The Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown makes it easy to enjoy all the things “Charm City” has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Reservation Counter, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown
- Baltimore Residence Inn