After a short trip to Hershey, PA, we decided to visit Baltiore. I used TripAdvisor to decide on this hotel, in addition to the fact that I had learned about Residence Inn's 2-bedroom suites. Their suites are the way to go if you're traveling with family. I was traveling with my 2yo son and two adult sisters. They each had a queen bed in one room and my son had a crib in another room with my king size bed. It was perfect to put him to bed in the crib and close the door and then enjoy more of our evening in the huge living area. There is also a full kitchen which was nice. Although we didn't cook, it was nice to have the freezer to restcok our cooler for our road trip home to Chicago.
Upon arrival, a nice guy came right out and explained many aspects of the hotel, including valet service. I know some complained about the cost but I thought it was great....especially the in/out privileges (maybe that's because I'm from Chicago and $50 or more is the norm). While he was explaining that, another nice guy was unloading our luggage and was very happy about it....even though we had a lot of purchases from Hershey. Check in was a breeze and I think we even checked in about 2 hours early. Our suite was on the top floor (15th I think). There was some street noise, but again, we live right downtown in Chicago so we had no trouble sleepig...including the toddler. The bell guy unloaded our luggage and offered several restaurants and other attractions in the area. Within minutes of arriving in our room, the crib was delivered. And about an hour after check in, we received a phone call from the front desk asking if the room was ok. What?!?!?!? I couldn't believe it. That was a really nice touch.
We had breakfast one day in the hotel. It was great and staff was very attentive and friendly. We used the laudry facilities as well which was pretty nice. Although, there is no change machine (front desk will provide change without a problem) and no detergent for purchase...which is no big deal. I was just happy to not have so much laundry to do when I returned home.
If ever in Baltimore again, we know exactly where we will stay and will definitely stay at a Residence Inn in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Baltimore/Downtown is the city’s premier, downtown all suite hotel. Offering 188 studio, one and two bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living and dinning areas the Residence Inn Baltimore is the perfect hotel choice for guests visiting for a day, a week, a month or longer. Located in the heart of Baltimore, business travelers can walk to nearly any office in the city, and we are just steps away from the Baltimore Convention Center or the Baltimore Courthouse. Leisure travelers can walk two blocks to Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor to visit the Baltimore Aquarium, US Constellation or the multitude of shops and restaurants on the waterfront and experience the best Baltimore has to offer. Our sports enthusiasts can pre-game at 17 Light, our on-site restaurant & lounge. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium and the First Mariner Arena are also with in walking distance of the hotel.The Residence Inn Baltimore/Downtown is an excellent choice if you’re planning a meeting or group event. The hotel has 1,100 square feet of meeting space which can accommodate fully catered events for up to 80 people. Our on-site restaurant and lounge, 17 Light is open for lunch, dinner and room service, and features happy hour specials Monday thru Friday. Replenish after a long day of meetings or touring “Charm City”, and enjoy American Cuisine and some Baltimore favorites like our jumbo lump crab cakes. Kick back, relax and enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail in before taking the elevator home. Come experience 17 Light Restaurant & Lounge!We are easy access the Baltimore’s top medical facilities. Johns Hopkins Hospital and University centers offer our guests complimentary shuttle service to and from the hotel. The University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital are also very convenient to our hotel Our hotel offers large suites, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, evening social events Tuesday through Thursday, complimentary high speed internet, on site business center, and guest laundry facilities. Offer discounted room rates for guests staying five nights or more while earning Marriott Rewards points make us the best value in Baltimore.Our staff specializes in creating a comfortable home like atmosphere with all the conveniences of a hotel. We want to help make your next trip to Baltimore a particularly memorable one. The Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown makes it easy to enjoy all the things “Charm City” has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Reservation Counter, Venere and Otel so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown
- Baltimore Residence Inn