“Exceeds expectations!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Exceeds expectations!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

For business I recently stayed for two weeks at the Marriott Residence Inn. I was surprised how much this hotel exceeded the Marriott standards! The Assistant Manager, Bill Green, was helpful, and permitted late checkout with no problem. The desk staff and porters were all friendly, knowlegable of local attractions and restaurants. Housekeeping was prompt and thorough each day. Staff was outstanding all the way around.

Room was large with adequate storage and plenty of hangers in the closet. There is everything in the kitchen area to prepare a meal (using microwave) if you wish.

The location is better than you expect. A few blocks down to the waterfront, and the National Aquarium. Located a few blocks from major hospitals [be aware of frequent ambulance sirens in the area as a result]

The real gem is the restaurant! The food and sevice far exceed Marriott standards. The diversity and style of items is exceptional! Prices are most reasonable. Service is helpful, quick, and attentive! Make sure you visit at least once even though you'll be enjoying a great breakfast each morning there too!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Mishawaka, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute due to finding out the Tremont was undergoing extensive renovations and we were so glad! Everyone there was incredibly nice and helpful. The valet parking is fantastic and worth the extra charge. Our 2 bedroom suite was huge, I think I read somewhere it was over 900 sq. ft. While we only stayed for a few nights, I can see it being a very comfortable place for an extended stay. There was a full kitchen with dishes, pots and pans, silverware, dishwashing detergent, everything! The continental breakfast was completely unexpected...we thought we'd be getting bagels and fruit but in addition to that there was a different selection of hot foods every day from eggs florentine to french toast to sausage scramble, it was so good!. The location was great, just a short walk to the inner harbor and next door to a CVS. The beds were pretty uncomfortable, but I find it difficult to sleep away from my own bed. The essentials for purchase in the small shop in the lobby are ridiculously over-priced($14 for a 6 pack of water), but being next door to a CVS is great, just get your things there. After having a terrific stay at the Residence Inn in both Baltimore and Chicago, we will be making this our hotel of choice. For a family of 6 you cannot beat the size of the rooms, the amenities and the price.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor and had no problems, heard nothing outside of our room
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Difficult to find fault in what is meant to be more at the budget end of Marriott chain. Location and staff were great, breakfast more than adequate and room was large with great kitchenette. Highly recommended for any type of traveller.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My sister and I recently traveled to Baltimore with my two young children (3 years old, and 2 months old) because my husband is being treated at Johns Hopkins. We chose this hotel because of the location (we knew inner harbor area was safe, and lots of stores/restaurants within walking distance) and because of the full kitchen that was offered, but we had no idea how wonderful the hotel would actually be!
First of all, the staff is fantastic. They were very willing to help and were extremely courteous. After finding out why we were traveling, they upgraded us to a larger room. I couldn't be more grateful, because the extra space made for a much easier trip. Late one night, my daughter had a very messy "accident" (she is 3, use your imaginations!) and the staff was up in a matter of minutes to help us clean up.
Secondly, the rooms themselves are extremely clean and well kept. Beds were very comfortable.
Finally, the hotel breakfast was very, very nice. I've stayed at quite a few places that offered free breakfast, but this was by far the best that I have experienced. This is much more than your typical continental breakfast.
For those visiting family members at Johns Hopkins, there is a free shuttle service that will bring you there and back for free. Ask the front desk for the phone number. It is very convenient.
Overall, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again, and recommend it to anyone who is traveling to Baltimore with or without children.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors will have a very nice view.
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel. The studio room we stayed in was immaculately clean and everything in it was as though it was brand new. The high-speed internet is really high-speed. Every employee that we encountered, no matter what part of the hotel we were in, were fantastic. They couldn't do enough for us. It really seems like a family-oriented hotel. We have two children and they love the hotel. Also, the breakfast (included) was great. They had a buffet style setup with eggs, hash browns, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal, cereals, bagels, breads, muffins, fresh fruit (actually fresh) and even make-your-own Belgian waffles and that is not an all-inclusive list. The hotel is just a two block walk to the harbor. I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. We will definitely be coming back!

Room Tip: Studio rooms have a full kitchen, dinette table, two queen beds and a sofa. They are very spacious.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently stayed one night at the Residence Inn when I had a meeting to attend at another nearby hotel. The Residence Inn was half the cost of the other chain and every bit as nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were helpful even after I had checked out and allowed me to use the computers to check on getting an earlier flight home.

The room was gigantic. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite that was about the size of my first apartment. The kitchenette had 2 electric burners, a large refrigerator, a full sized microwave and even a dishwasher. Everything was immaculate and the bed was nice, just the right firmness for me. Both the sitting area and bedroom had a large flat screen TV.

The breakfast buffet looked amazing. While I stuck with the freshly made oatmeal (which was great) they offered about everything you might want, including grits pancakes, sausage, potatoes and cereals. They even had a make your own waffle station. The only thing missing was the man in the chef hat making omelets to order (they may actually offer this, I didn't ask).

The bar/restaurant was also great. When I couldn't find anything I really wanted on the menu for a snack, the waitress offered to make me a bowl of chips and salsa. The chips were great and the salsa was clearly freshly made in their kitchen, not from a jar.

As this was a 24 hour in-meet-and-out trip, I didn't explore much, but the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards and the convention center were all within easy walking distance. I would definitely stay here again if I was coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Flanders, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel offers affordable and convenient valet parking when you pull into the inviting hotel entrance on Light Street. The valet parking offers fast in and out parking throughout the day and night, which works out cheaper and safer than using one of the nearby parking garages. Location is great -- just a short 2 block walk to all the Inner Harbor attractions. Staff was friendly and accommodating. My King Suite was super spacious, organized and clean, plus a full kitchen. Free breakfast had just about anything you could desire and it was kept fresh by pleasant staff that called you "Hon".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!