“Charming Hotel Near Inner Harbor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 63 Hotels in Baltimore
Atlanta
“Charming Hotel Near Inner Harbor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I recently stayed one night at the Residence Inn when I had a meeting to attend at another nearby hotel. The Residence Inn was half the cost of the other chain and every bit as nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were helpful even after I had checked out and allowed me to use the computers to check on getting an earlier flight home.

The room was gigantic. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite that was about the size of my first apartment. The kitchenette had 2 electric burners, a large refrigerator, a full sized microwave and even a dishwasher. Everything was immaculate and the bed was nice, just the right firmness for me. Both the sitting area and bedroom had a large flat screen TV.

The breakfast buffet looked amazing. While I stuck with the freshly made oatmeal (which was great) they offered about everything you might want, including grits pancakes, sausage, potatoes and cereals. They even had a make your own waffle station. The only thing missing was the man in the chef hat making omelets to order (they may actually offer this, I didn't ask).

The bar/restaurant was also great. When I couldn't find anything I really wanted on the menu for a snack, the waitress offered to make me a bowl of chips and salsa. The chips were great and the salsa was clearly freshly made in their kitchen, not from a jar.

As this was a 24 hour in-meet-and-out trip, I didn't explore much, but the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards and the convention center were all within easy walking distance. I would definitely stay here again if I was coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Flanders, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This hotel offers affordable and convenient valet parking when you pull into the inviting hotel entrance on Light Street. The valet parking offers fast in and out parking throughout the day and night, which works out cheaper and safer than using one of the nearby parking garages. Location is great -- just a short 2 block walk to all the Inner Harbor attractions. Staff was friendly and accommodating. My King Suite was super spacious, organized and clean, plus a full kitchen. Free breakfast had just about anything you could desire and it was kept fresh by pleasant staff that called you "Hon".

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

When traveling, if we don't stay at an inn or B&B, we prefer Marriott hotels. We have never been disappointed with any of their hotels, but we both have to admit that this was one of THE best Marriott hotels we have visited.

What immediately grabbed our attention was the wonderful friendliness/efficiency of all the staff members that we encountered there..........from the valet staff to the front desk people to the VERY helpful breakfast staff. They couldn't do enough for us to ensure our satisfaction with our stay there.

First of all, the location of this hotel is ideal.............just a short walk to anywhere in the Inner Harbor area, but just far enough removed to leave the craziness of the area behind when entering the front doors of the Residence Inn.

Our room was spacious and had a great view. Too many rooms that we have visited in the past needed to have a re-do of both furniture and accommodations, but we were very happy with this one. Very clean, contemporary in styling, and complete with all the Residence Inn's extra ammenities.

Valet parking was $32/day..............it may sound pricey, but it was very convenient to have them park our car, rather than us having to look for available parking at local lots. When we needed to have our car, we had it within 5-10 minutes. When we wanted a cab, it was there in less than 5 minutes. Our $32/day was definitely worth it!

To be honest, we were planning to leave the hotel to search out breakfast places, but after hearing the description of the breakfast, we decided to give it a try...........SO glad that we did! A full assortment of both hot and cold entrees....including a "make your own" Belgian Waffle station. The breakfast staff was constantly on the go....... cleaning tables, replenishing foods, etc. They were terrific!

Trust me, whenever we return to the Inner Harbor area, there is NO other place in which we will stay...........that is how great our experience was there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here while on travel for a trade show. Unfortunately I got very ill while away, requiring me to spend two full days in my hotel room. I was thrilled I had a suite with a bedroom, bathroom, small kitchen/dining/living area. The price for the suite with a breakfast, & light refreshments throughout the day (tea, coffee, juice), was an added plus, for the price! It is in close proximity to the harbor, the civic center, some good restaurants. The staff was very attentive and eager to assist.

Room Tip: I don't know if they offer this all the time, but for the same price we were able to get a suite...
Ronkonkoma, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was recently in Baltimore attending a convention and was told I'd be staying at the Residence Inn. When I arrived, the doormen were attentively directing traffice as they welcomed us to the hotel. The Front Desk staff were quick and efficent and even though we were early, they were able to check our entire group in as they knew a bus was arriving to pick us up at 2:45p. The room was beautiful, spacious and SUPER CLEAN!!! After we came back from our meetings we went to the restaurant where we had some drinks and snacks which were all very tasty. The hotel is walking distance from the convention center, shopping malls, Inner Harbor and several convenience stores (7-11, CVS and Dunkin Donuts). This is great when you want to fill your full sized fridge in the full kitchen. Wired and Wireless internet were easy to use and pleanty of outlets. I can't wait to go back next year.

Bellevue
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you're looking for a very good and reasonable alternative to the much higher priced Baltimore Convention Center hotels, and just a 5 minute walk away, this Residence Inn is among the nicest that I've stayed at. It's a newer property which is exceptionally well staffed. I found front desk service to be polite, quick and thorough. For example, when I needed to buy a bottle of good wine on a late Saturday afternoon (when every wine store is closed on Sunday), they provided all the guidance necessary.

The rooms are large, comfortable and quiet. Internet access is good, and free! I went to breakfast each morning when they opened, thus avoiding the crush of patrons an hour later. It also meant that all the food was freshly cooked and nicely displayed. Service staff was very nice.

The "17 Light" restaurant inside the hotel turns out to be pretty good, especially if you're looking for a menu with diverse choices, including several local items -- and several TV monitors to watch sports events. The servers were, once again, charming and wonderful.

I don't normally stay at Residence Inn but this one will go on my favorites list if I ever have to attend another conference.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor, away from any modest street noise.
West Chester, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My husband and I own a business so in order to take a break we try to get out of town.....but do not want to break the bank doing so. Baltimore is just under two hours from our home. We checked out the rates and were surprised that we could choose one night only for a room that was so complete and spacious. Though we didn't need it this visit, we had a full and fully equipped kitchen, desk, large flat screen TV, couch and more. The room was very clean and provided many lighting options.

We could easily walk to the Inner Harbor, The Sunday market, the holiday parade and Federal Hill. We initially thought the parking rate was high at $32 but that was for 24 hours of parking and we could have taken the car in and out of the lot without paying more!! The breakfast buffet was amazing. So much food and so many choices.....even hot and strong coffee. We were hooked and would certainly return here on our next visit.

Oh yes, the staff were all so helpful and smiling. No one let off negative vibes and that in itself I felt was a good sign.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!