I recently stayed one night at the Residence Inn when I had a meeting to attend at another nearby hotel. The Residence Inn was half the cost of the other chain and every bit as nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. They were helpful even after I had checked out and allowed me to use the computers to check on getting an earlier flight home.
The room was gigantic. I stayed in a one-bedroom suite that was about the size of my first apartment. The kitchenette had 2 electric burners, a large refrigerator, a full sized microwave and even a dishwasher. Everything was immaculate and the bed was nice, just the right firmness for me. Both the sitting area and bedroom had a large flat screen TV.
The breakfast buffet looked amazing. While I stuck with the freshly made oatmeal (which was great) they offered about everything you might want, including grits pancakes, sausage, potatoes and cereals. They even had a make your own waffle station. The only thing missing was the man in the chef hat making omelets to order (they may actually offer this, I didn't ask).
The bar/restaurant was also great. When I couldn't find anything I really wanted on the menu for a snack, the waitress offered to make me a bowl of chips and salsa. The chips were great and the salsa was clearly freshly made in their kitchen, not from a jar.
As this was a 24 hour in-meet-and-out trip, I didn't explore much, but the Inner Harbor, Camden Yards and the convention center were all within easy walking distance. I would definitely stay here again if I was coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Baltimore/Downtown is the city’s premier, downtown all suite hotel. Offering 188 studio, one and two bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living and dinning areas the Residence Inn Baltimore is the perfect hotel choice for guests visiting for a day, a week, a month or longer. Located in the heart of Baltimore, business travelers can walk to nearly any office in the city, and we are just steps away from the Baltimore Convention Center or the Baltimore Courthouse. Leisure travelers can walk two blocks to Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor to visit the Baltimore Aquarium, US Constellation or the multitude of shops and restaurants on the waterfront and experience the best Baltimore has to offer. Our sports enthusiasts can pre-game at 17 Light, our on-site restaurant & lounge. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium and the First Mariner Arena are also with in walking distance of the hotel.The Residence Inn Baltimore/Downtown is an excellent choice if you’re planning a meeting or group event. The hotel has 1,100 square feet of meeting space which can accommodate fully catered events for up to 80 people. Our on-site restaurant and lounge, 17 Light is open for lunch, dinner and room service, and features happy hour specials Monday thru Friday. Replenish after a long day of meetings or touring “Charm City”, and enjoy American Cuisine and some Baltimore favorites like our jumbo lump crab cakes. Kick back, relax and enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail in before taking the elevator home. Come experience 17 Light Restaurant & Lounge!We are easy access the Baltimore’s top medical facilities. Johns Hopkins Hospital and University centers offer our guests complimentary shuttle service to and from the hotel. The University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital are also very convenient to our hotel Our hotel offers large suites, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, evening social events Tuesday through Thursday, complimentary high speed internet, on site business center, and guest laundry facilities. Offer discounted room rates for guests staying five nights or more while earning Marriott Rewards points make us the best value in Baltimore.Our staff specializes in creating a comfortable home like atmosphere with all the conveniences of a hotel. We want to help make your next trip to Baltimore a particularly memorable one. The Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown makes it easy to enjoy all the things “Charm City” has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown
- Baltimore Residence Inn