When traveling, if we don't stay at an inn or B&B, we prefer Marriott hotels. We have never been disappointed with any of their hotels, but we both have to admit that this was one of THE best Marriott hotels we have visited.
What immediately grabbed our attention was the wonderful friendliness/efficiency of all the staff members that we encountered there..........from the valet staff to the front desk people to the VERY helpful breakfast staff. They couldn't do enough for us to ensure our satisfaction with our stay there.
First of all, the location of this hotel is ideal.............just a short walk to anywhere in the Inner Harbor area, but just far enough removed to leave the craziness of the area behind when entering the front doors of the Residence Inn.
Our room was spacious and had a great view. Too many rooms that we have visited in the past needed to have a re-do of both furniture and accommodations, but we were very happy with this one. Very clean, contemporary in styling, and complete with all the Residence Inn's extra ammenities.
Valet parking was $32/day..............it may sound pricey, but it was very convenient to have them park our car, rather than us having to look for available parking at local lots. When we needed to have our car, we had it within 5-10 minutes. When we wanted a cab, it was there in less than 5 minutes. Our $32/day was definitely worth it!
To be honest, we were planning to leave the hotel to search out breakfast places, but after hearing the description of the breakfast, we decided to give it a try...........SO glad that we did! A full assortment of both hot and cold entrees....including a "make your own" Belgian Waffle station. The breakfast staff was constantly on the go....... cleaning tables, replenishing foods, etc. They were terrific!
Trust me, whenever we return to the Inner Harbor area, there is NO other place in which we will stay...........that is how great our experience was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn Baltimore/Downtown is the city’s premier, downtown all suite hotel. Offering 188 studio, one and two bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens and spacious living and dinning areas the Residence Inn Baltimore is the perfect hotel choice for guests visiting for a day, a week, a month or longer. Located in the heart of Baltimore, business travelers can walk to nearly any office in the city, and we are just steps away from the Baltimore Convention Center or the Baltimore Courthouse. Leisure travelers can walk two blocks to Baltimore’s famed Inner Harbor to visit the Baltimore Aquarium, US Constellation or the multitude of shops and restaurants on the waterfront and experience the best Baltimore has to offer. Our sports enthusiasts can pre-game at 17 Light, our on-site restaurant & lounge. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium and the First Mariner Arena are also with in walking distance of the hotel.The Residence Inn Baltimore/Downtown is an excellent choice if you’re planning a meeting or group event. The hotel has 1,100 square feet of meeting space which can accommodate fully catered events for up to 80 people. Our on-site restaurant and lounge, 17 Light is open for lunch, dinner and room service, and features happy hour specials Monday thru Friday. Replenish after a long day of meetings or touring “Charm City”, and enjoy American Cuisine and some Baltimore favorites like our jumbo lump crab cakes. Kick back, relax and enjoy a beer, glass of wine, or your favorite cocktail in before taking the elevator home. Come experience 17 Light Restaurant & Lounge!We are easy access the Baltimore’s top medical facilities. Johns Hopkins Hospital and University centers offer our guests complimentary shuttle service to and from the hotel. The University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital are also very convenient to our hotel Our hotel offers large suites, complimentary hot buffet breakfast, evening social events Tuesday through Thursday, complimentary high speed internet, on site business center, and guest laundry facilities. Offer discounted room rates for guests staying five nights or more while earning Marriott Rewards points make us the best value in Baltimore.Our staff specializes in creating a comfortable home like atmosphere with all the conveniences of a hotel. We want to help make your next trip to Baltimore a particularly memorable one. The Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown makes it easy to enjoy all the things “Charm City” has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor Hotel Baltimore
- Residence Inn Baltimore Downtown
- Baltimore Residence Inn