“Very nice hotel, friendly staff, Very Clean!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

You added Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor to your Saves list
Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Light St, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in Baltimore
harris52307
“Very nice hotel, friendly staff, Very Clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Felt like home, our insurence company placed us here due to some house problems. Located less then a block to harbor. The staff was very nice. And the bar downstairs is great, and great food.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Charlottesville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Central location to where we needed to be, very walkable to Inner Harbor. Very friendly front desk staff, allowed me to check in a couple of hours early due to travel changes. Workout space was modern and well apppointed, a tad on the cozy side, but that is overshadowed by the fact there is a tv remote on each piece of equipment, nice touch. Room was clean and comortable, if you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask about a high number floor as there is a good amount of city noise, but it was a Saturday night. Breakfast with the room, I did not try it but it was stocked well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We are just finishing our stay at this hotel and have really enjoyed our 4 day trip to Baltimore. The hotel is what's best about the Residence Inn chain from Marriott: well designed hotels, competent and helpful staff, in great locations for travelers. This hotel is in the Inner Harbor district of Baltimore with an easy 3 block walk to the Inner Harbor and its many attractions. It is also right on/near two routes of the Charm City Circulator, the free bus service that is a real gift for tourists.

Across the street from the hotel is a 7-Eleven, a block away is a CVS with a good selection of food and drinks, and there are several restaurants in the area including on at the hotel. The hotel is a high rise with15 floors with an exercise room and guest laundry on the 2nd floor and a business center on the 1st floor. Although the hotel serves the usual buffet breakfast in the 1st floor Hearth Room, we tend to be cereal eaters so our trips usually include a trip to the local convenience store for cereal, milk, bottled water, and other stuff. With the convenient stores in the area that was a breeze. The first floor also featured an Express Market which sold snacks and drinks.

The rooms were compactly designed as is often the case in an urban hotel. Our 1 bedroom suite included a bedroom with an in suite bathroom and sliding door closet with ample hangers, an iron and ironing board, a queen size bed, 2 nightstands, a dresser holding a 37" LCD LG TV, and a clock radio. The room was snug, but comfortable, with plenty of pillows and an extra blanket if needed. The bed was comfortable and the pillows actually had some fluff in them. If we had one minor complaint it would be that the lighting in the bathroom where the toilet and shower were was minimal, but that is a complaint we have had in many hotels so we've gotten used to it. The shower itself featured a very nice adjustable showerhead with plenty of water pressure. Again everything was clean and in good condition.

The main room consisted of a living room and kitchenette. The room's kitchenette featuring a full size rerigerator, microwave, two burner stove, sink and dishwasher plus a decent selection of plates, glasses, silverware, pans, etc practically begged to be used. Everything was in great condition and the helpful cleaning staff nicely loaded our used dishes and ran the diswasher each day.

The living room included a full size couch and arm chair for comfortable lounging in front of another 37" LG LCT TV, coffee table/ottomans, an end table, a computer disk, and tucked into the corner a table with 2 chairs for eating or reading. It was a very functional layout with plenty of room for two people to spread their stuff around and it was all done very stylishly.

There was some street noise as is to be expected in an urban hotel, but less than I've experience in many places. There was no noise from other rooms or the elevator which was 10 feet from the door to our suite. Transportation in the area was a breeze with the two Charm City Circulator routes plus local bus service and the light rail station just a few blocks a way. We took the light rail from BWI to the area of the hotel and then it was a few blocks walk to the hotel itself. Going back to BWI we opted to use SuperShuttle for convenience. It was a mere $13 fare to BWI from the hotel plus tip.and fuel surcharge.

Room Tip: Booking directly on the Marriott.com site
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I did not want to leave the residence inn. My family and I went to Baltimore to catch a game and I did a lot of research and decided on Residence Inn after checking out TripAdvisor. From the moment we checked in we were impressed. The valet was pleasant and remembered our family name every time we took the car out. The room was huge with a kitchen, flat screen and separate living area. The front desk called after we checked in to make sure everything was ok. the continental breakfast was delicious-hot and cold items that were restocked. The hotel itself is in a great location-close to lots of great restaurants and Camden Yards. Overall a fantastic stay with great staff and a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

So...I am about to go to law school and am deciding between South Carolina and U of Maryland in downtown Baltimore. We are from South Carolina so my fiancé and I are used to hearing the horror stories of crime in Baltimore. So we figured there's no way we can move there without at least staying a weekend and checking things out. We picked this hotel because it is close to the harbor and hoped that would be safe for walking around. I originally wanted to rent a car to get around but was worried it would be a waste of money if we didn't use it. I called the hotel and they were insistent that I would not need a car to get around, that the area was perfectly safe to walk. Just let me say I am so glad that I listened to them! We were out and about from early in the morning on a Saturday until late afternoon on Monday and had an amazing time. The hotel was great. The room was set up the way a small apartment would be set up, so it felt a little more home-like than a standard hotel room. The hotel was extremely clean and the front desk was one of the more helpful I have encountered. By comparison when I stay in New Orleans I can barely get the front desks to get new towels, here the front desk was helpful with all my questions about the area, calling a cab to get back to the airport, etc etc. At night I woke up a few times because of street noise but I completely expected that to be the case in the city so it was no big deal. Also, the breakfast was great with eggs, biscuits, bagels, etc. The best part for the hotel was that I went to an Orioles game and bought a t-shirt and when I left in the cab I forgot my shirt in the lobby area. When I got to the airport I called and asked if they would hold it until I sent them a labeled box to send it back to me. I half expected it to get lost or the person who received the box to not know what it was for or something like that. But sure enough about a week or so after I mailed the box the shirt came back to me in the mail. I was very impressed that they bothered to take the time to do something like that! This location was perfect to walk around the harbor, to Federal Hill, and U of Maryland-Baltimore/ Camden Yards. We even walked to Mt Vernon and Fells Point, which we thought would be a little sketchy in between the hotel and those areas but it wasn't bad like we thought. The worst I could say was that there were a few panhandlers around the hotel but they weren't especially aggressive or anything to worry about.
I would definitely recommend this hotel with its great staff and great location!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

I did a lot of comparison shopping before finally settling on this hotel for a mid-week stay with the wife and daughter. We booked a king suite that had a separate bedroom and living room with a sofabed. All in all, the price was very good for the location, and the room had quite a bit of space.

As with most hotels with free breakfasts, the key is going at the right time. One morning, we went during the last hour, and it was a mob! No tables, long lines, etc. Go a bit earlier, as we did the next morning, and it was quite good.

Location - the hotel was in walking distance to everything we wanted to see, from the Babe Ruth birthplace to the President's Street Train Station, which is now a civil war museum. We could also easily walk to Federal Hill and the Visionary Art Museum. My biggest concern was walking back from Camden Yards at night after the game. However, there was a lot of ballpark foot traffic, and a lot of cars on the street, so I felt safe (despite almost getting run over twice crossing Light and Lombard...).

The staff was very friendly, and promptly brought us more towels upon request.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while I was at a conference at a nearby hotel. Breakfast is included and we had a great experience. The staff is very service oriented. There seem to be a number of roomy one-bedroom suites in this Res Inn. I highly recommend this well located hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if a 1 BR suite is available.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
pminer, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor? Share your experiences!