“Recommended without hesitation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Ontario, Canada
“Recommended without hesitation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with a friend, and have no hesitation in recommending this B & B. Our hosts, Guy and Clelia Thomas were lovely and extremely interesting people who made our stay most memorable. The breakfasts were delicious, and changed daily. The house is filled with antiques Guy has collected in his world travels, and he loves telling stories about his treasures. Our room was very large and comfortable. It is very reasonably priced. We happily accepted recommendations for restaurants, sight-seeing and public transit as, after a longish drive from Canada, we were happy to leave the car parked on the street for a couple of days. We would definitely return, and are very happy to give a two thumbs up recommendation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
A two thumbs up recommendation? Wow! What a flattering and humbling compliment. It was our pleasure to host you during your trip to Baltimore, and I hope you'll keep us in mind next time you're down this way.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I booked my room through TripAdvisor and soon got a welcoming email from Guy, who with his wife Clelia own and operate Wilson House. He asked for my cell phone number and provided his. When I told him that I would be arriving at the Baltimore Amtrak station the evening of my arrival, Guy offered to pick me up. We coordinated this via cell phones. That's service!

I was in the Avian Room at the top of the house. Even though it was very hot outside, thanks to both central A/C and an auxilliary window unit, my room was comfortably cool. I had ample space in the bedroom, and both an adjacent full bath and a sitting room with additional TV. I slept well.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent, with lots of freshly cut fruit in a fruit salad and as a topping on a freshly made whole-wheat waffle. Yogurt, juice and coffee as well.

My only quibble was that the house wifi signal was too weak to reach my top-floor room. I didn't really need it, however, and in other parts of the house it worked fine. Guy knows about this and is trying to find a way to boost the signal.

Room Tip: Wifi didn't reach top floor room -- look for a lower level if this is important to you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your review! It's great to hear from you via TripAdvisor. We like for each of our guests to have an exceptional time when they stay with us, and I'm thrilled that this was the case for you.

I'm still working on boosting the wireless signal to the top floor. Thanks again for bringing that to my attention!

Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Stayed here while visiting friends on the north side of the city. Have visited the south side many times (Glen Burnie, Curtis Bay) but never in the north. Was pleasantly surprised at what was around in this part of the city. Chose the place based on cost and proximity to friends. Discovered some gems associated with the location; plenty of free on street parking, the interesting architecture of Reservoir Hill, Druid Hills Park and the conservatory. There is not much within walking distance right around the place. It fronts on a street which parallels I-83 from the hillside. When outside there is a high level of road noise, however during our stay in the Woodrow Wilson room (which is on street side) the road noise was not noticeable enough to be distracting. It did not interfere with sleeping. Breakfast each day was varied and prepared fresh. It was delicious. It is a multi-course presentation of fruit, yogurt, granola, warm honey, juice, coffee, water, and a very tasty hot serving. The coffee is a wonderful blend which is rich and smooth. I miss it today.
The house is a wonderful older home with beautiful woodwork and parquet flooring which is literally filled with mementos of the host's career and travels. It must be a challenge to keep it as clean as it is. The Wilson Room bed was a bit firmer than my bed at home, but I still slept well under the soft sheets and the ceiling fan.
Clelia is a most gracious hostess and a truly talented cook, Guy is genial and conversational and always willing to share a career story or travel observation. We would be pleased to stay here again on another visit to "The Charm City."

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Guy T, Owner at Wilson House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed staying at our place when you were in Baltimore visiting friends, and I'm even more delighted to hear you were able to explore a different part of the city. Other reviewers certainly will appreciate your recommendation as much as I do!

Safe travels.
Hanover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I came down during the week for a short anniversary gift to ourselves. We chose Wilson House because of the reasonable prices and the good reviews. Sometimes B&Bs can be a little hit or miss, so you're always a little bit leery.

The stay was fantastic. We had a few different accommodations that we called ahead to arrange, and the owners saw to it that each of our needs was met. They were very friendly, and the breakfast was delicious-- waffles with lots of fruit, mixed fruit with warmed honey.

I've seen comments on here where people say that they heard traffic noise from the interstate-- I can tell you that I grew up in a VERY small, quiet town, and I tend to notice those things more than most people. I did not hear it at all. I don't know what those people are hearing, but it's a very quiet and relaxing atmosphere.

A great stay-- I wish we could have stayed for another day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
To hear that you wish you could have stayed for another day is such a great compliment, Zach! Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I appreciate your support, and I can't wait to have you back next time you're in Baltimore!

'Til then,
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had tickets to a game at Camden Yards and all of the regular places to stay were booked, so we looked at B&Bs. The Wilson House had vacancies, so we took a chance. What good fortune for us that we decided to stay here! Lovely neighborhood, easy street parking, interesting older home with traditional decor and lots of family memorabilia to observe. We were really made to feel welcomed. The Light Rail stop is three blocks away, which makes up for the 1 1/2 mile distance to Inner Harbor. We are not fans of B&Bs (or, we used to be)...our good experience at The Wilson House has made us converts!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Woodrow Wilson room. Quite large, very clean, in good shape and comfortable. It w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for following up after your visit to Baltimore, Leslie! Reading that your stay at our place changed your mind about B&Bs entirely made my day. I know other reviewers will appreciate your recommendation as much as I do!

Until next time,
brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just had our 4th stay at the Wilson House, we try to get there once a year. It's such a short trip from NYC to Baltimore and you really feel like you're somewhere else, the Wilson House is a big part of the reason why. The house is amazing, it's filled with treasures from the proprietors extensive world traveling. We always stay in the Master Suite (the Peacock room), as the king-sized bed is one of the most comfortable we've ever slept in, and it opens into an adjoining sitting room (with a pull-out Queen that we've yet to use) so there is plenty of space for us to stretch out and allow our toddler to move around. I think he loves it there as much as we do. The breakfasts are superb and the proprietors are so friendly and helpful. From the Wilson House it's a short drive to trendy Hampden, Fells Point, and the Inner Harbor, there is plenty to do nearby, it's one of the best antique-ing towns I've ever visited. We look forward to getting back there soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences with us! I'm delighted to hear that you and your family enjoy staying with us so much that you've made your visit an annual event. We're already looking forward to your next stay!

Until then,
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

My friend and I recently decided we needed to get away. We started with cheap airfare and decided on Baltimore. Then we were fortunate enough to also find The Wilson House. Spotlessly clean, comfortable beds, quiet and charming. The host and hostess are delightful.

We stay in B&B's whenever possible when we travel and The Wilson House is one of the best we've experienced.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ours is one of the best B&Bs you've experienced? Wow! What a generous compliment. I guarantee your kind words won't soon be forgotten!

Guy, Owner

Been to Wilson House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!