“Such genuine city neighborhood” 4 of 5 stars

2100 Mt. Royal Terrace, Baltimore, MD 21217-4848   |
Ranked #8 of 18 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington, DC
“Such genuine city neighborhood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed overnight after a business meeting. Reservoir Hill is just minutes from downtown by car. I walked in the morning up regal Eutaw Street to Druid Lake. Cecelia kindly made me a gluten-free breakfast with home-baked pancakes. The papaya in the fruit bowl was perfectly ripe. It is a palatial house with lots of naval stuff from Guy's travels in the Coast Guard. I wanted to stay in a place with personal touch. I got it. I highly recommend it....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Asheville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

The innkeepers team, husband and wife Guy and Clelia were so helpful giving me rides across the street, around the block and to the train station. They told me the best places to eat and how to buy a lite rail pass. It was too hot to walk to the stop for free Charm City Bus that would take me to inner harbor. They were full of info about Bolton Hill and Reservoir Hill neighborhoods. They showed me a church in Bolton Hill that was full of stained glass and it was open so I could visit. The home is a gracious and spacious brick wedding cake with lots of little porches and other details. I stayed in apartment bedroom but they have everything from cute peach room with shared bath to rooms with private bath to a full apartment in that wedding cake house. It might be next to highway but park promenade is in between you and highway. They tended to my every need and have gorgeous woood all around that they painstakingly took off paint. It is a warm and cozy place. You can not build a house like that today.

Room Tip: the peach room is cheap and has a fine view from fat bay window. I didn't hear any noise from h...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The hosts were friendly and the rooms well appointed. Lots of stairs here, so if you're sporting a walker or wheelchair, you would have access issues. All the nooks and crannies were fun to explore, though. Our room faced the highway, but I don't recall being bothered by it. Breakfasts were good, though the selections did not vary greatly from day to day. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

We chose the Wilson House B&B primarily because we were looking for a place to stay near Johns Hopkins University that was not a standard hotel. It was wonderful. The room was cozy and big enough for us to spread out in. We even had a large walk-in closet! Breakfast always had that special touch and the hosts were delightful.

Manheim, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

We loved it!!! My wife & I stayed there for our anniversary. Coincidentally we got a free upgrade to the Master Suite. The rooms were big and spacious. The common areas were beautifully decorated. The hospitality and generorosity of the owners, Guy & Clelia, exceeded our expectations. Its a great place to stay and would do so next time we travel to Baltimore.

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2010

I had my first B&B experience at the Wilson House Halloween weekend. The owners Guy and Clelia were kind and accomodating. The house was absolutely amazing with hidden nooks and unique items everywhere you looked. There are a number a different rooms to stay. We stayed in the Peach Room which we were told is the most private. Clelia accomodated my food allergies by avoiding eggs and making gluten free waffles specifically for me. I enjoyed eating at the communal breakfast table and conversing with the other guests while guy made sure our orange juice, water and coffee were always filled. Close to all the Baltimore sights, I definately plan to stay in this historic cozy home the next time I'm visiting Bmore!

Chesapeake VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay at the Wilson House B & B at one of Baltimore's truly historic homes. It was easy access to Light Rail to downtown, convenient to amazing restaurants and downtown sights. We had a wonderful time both in town and at the house. The B & B had plenty of interesting rooms to read and visit in and the owners were full of delightful stories. It couldn't have worked out any better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Wilson House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!