“Awful! XL crabs were over done and barely over legal size!!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #954 of 1,793 restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Awful! XL crabs were over done and barely over legal size!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

A party of 6, we got crab dip, shrimp salsa and 2 dozen of the extra large Maryland crabs. The dip and salsa were ok but our crabs were no where near XL. They were also very over cooked (the meat was very mushy). When we addressed the problem the "manager" offered to get us another dozen because some were " a little small". The 3rd dozen were at least steamed properly. The other problem was the 6 ears of corn that we ordered that turned out to be over $13.00!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

37% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“One Opportunity for Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Recently my wife, daughter and I visited the Crab Quarters. It was our first visit and last. You have only one opportunity for customer service and they Blew It. When we walked in the door I explain to the young lady that this was our first time visiting the establishment. I’m a person who values the money I spend, so I value customer service. After being seated in an un-crowed restaurant it took 7 minutes for a waitress to come to the table. Once she did arrive we simply got up and left. This is an establishment who needs to take a class on time management and customer service.

• Visited March 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“It depends !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

So Crab Quarters has good tasteing food , nice bar & restraunt. The service could be better but who cares. So when i went i had a lovely server her name was Ashley. She was very nice and responsive. But there was a problem with this 1 crab i had got at 95"s but this one was like a baby comparried to them so my husband politely asked to see a manger so we can get our moneys worth and so this elderly women Cecile, came out i did not know what to say cause i felt bad for her cause she looked like she could pass away in the next minute . so when she came over she didnt act very eldery she said what do you want . i sat there in shock ! and i said this crab is to small , so she looked at me opened the crab and said well it has alot of meat in it threw the crab on the table and told me to eat it . and i said no you just put your hands on that. so she walked in the back mumbelying enough to where i could make out what that old hag was saying . So we decided to leave the food was great we gave ashley a great tip but i will refuse to go there cause of that miserable edlery woman . that restraunt would have more bussiness if it was not for that old hag !

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“They have crabs, when no one else does...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I have to laugh at the last two comments. You are on here to comment on the food, service, over all experience, but you are clearly attacking how another choses to look...who really cares if they tan or not, or if they are tan or not. People in glass houses should not throw stones. But, to stoop to the level of descriptive name calling, is quite immature of the persons posting.

I frequent this place on a regular basis in the warmer weather months, and have experienced service that was not upto par, but then again, I have to consider the circumstances. As one person in the most recent two posts indicated about the air conditioning not working, I was there that same weekend, but I was ALSO TOLD that it was not working, and given a choice to stay or leave. I stayed, just as you did. So, why complain about it...you had a choice. Plus, I have noticed a few new faces, which takes time for anyone to get used to. And, who is to say running around a restaurant without air conditioning did not wear another out? This person was complaining about it being hot, can you imagine doing their job then, and you were sitting?

As for the crabs, I for one think they are the best around, and heard other tables mention the same over the years.

Gratuity: Complaints about the gratuity being added to the check? Obviously you had a party of 6 or more as I have noticed on the menu...thus would be added. As it would be in any restaurant. Double T Diner adds gratuity on ALL of their evening checks, including a party of two.

I think if more people actually reviewed the restaurants, hotels, etc, and put themselves in the shoes of being critiqued, they might not be so immature or harsh, and a little more understanding. Don't be so cruel and judgemental....actual facts pertaining to the review is more helpful.

As for Crab Quarters, they do have the some of the best crabs around, huge homemade crab cakes (I always take one home for the next day), maryland crab soup (like my grandmother used to make-my favorite), shrimp salsa dip, etc. I have had a waitress there that always remembers us, and what we drink and eat...will even go out of her way to make some of the best sweet tea when they do not even serve it.

Each person reviewing will be different, but I think anyone owes it to themself to try it, especially if they want to experience great crabs, and seemingly great service (that I have received).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore
“Rip Off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

My family and I went to Crab Quarters last weekend. From the minute we got there it was
unpleasant. I had made reservations, but they didn't have them or the table ready for our party of 8. The restaurant wasn't even crowded. We waited while they put the tables together. Then a grouchy waitress, older with blonde hair, came out to take our orders.
She was so unfriendly and acted like we were a bother. We gave her our order and she came back getting about half of it correct. The air conditioning wasn't working and it was very warm in there. After waiting at least an hour we were served crabs that were not hot at all. They were dry inside and many smelled funny. The waitress didn't come back to check to see if we needed anything else. We told her the crabs weren't hot and she said she just watched them come off the steamer - which was clearly a lie. When we asked for the check we could not believe that she added quite a hefty tip for herself for doing nothing but acting rude. I know that at least 8 people will never go back there again, and
after we spread the word maybe many more will not take the chance of being served food that could make you sick, nasty people, and ripping us off for a tip she didn't deserve any of.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Been to Crab Quarters? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Crab Quarters, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.