“Fantastic meal and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Tavola

La Tavola
248 Albemarle St, Little Italy, Baltimore, MD 21202-4455 (Little Italy)
+1 410-685-1859
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tavola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 1,672 Restaurants in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Indiana, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic meal and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I went to La Tavola based on Tripadvisor reviews. We were not disappointed! We stared with the antipasta with calamari, shrimp and zucchini ( I don't remember the Italian names of any of the meals...sorry). Had to be the best calamari I've ever had. I had the fresh made pasta with eggplant and cheese, and my husband had the fresh made pasta stuffed with ricotta and spinich. Both were fantastic, tender pasta, excellent flavorful sauces. No over use of garlic, oregano or other spices, the flavors blend to enhance the dish not overpower it. We had the dessert specials; one was a light cheesecake that was both rich and light at the same time, and the other was a pinenut tart that was sweet and filling! Our waitress, I believe her name was Brooke, was wonderful. She was very helpful in making choices on dishes as she had full understanding of the menu (irritates me when there is a lot of "I don't know" or running back to check with the chef). She was friendly, helpful and full of information. We definitely plan on returning to La Tavola on our next trip to Baltimore! Do yourself a favor and enjoy the experience of La Tavolo!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

new york
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

This place had awesome food and service. The homemade pastas were awesome, if I went back tomorrow I would order the same exact meal - that's how good it was. We had apps, entrees and desserts - plus liquor - and the meal was affordable and fabulous. Don't miss this place!

Visited November 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was our first time to Little Italy after moving to Baltimore 5 months ago. We came here because of a Groupon. When we walked in we were nicely greeted. The ambience is quite pleasant. The staff were very courteous and attentive. We ordered the eggplant parm and rack of lamb. Both were great. We did not stay for dessert (went next door to Vaccarro's). Overall we had a very nice experience. Plus we got our food quickly which is key. Will return!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best meal in Baltimore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was the best meal I had in Baltimore over a 4 day visit. Too bad for me that it was on my last evening in Baltimore. I did not need to open the extensive menu; I choose from the nightly specials and went with my waiter’s advice. It was superb!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Good affordable Italian Restaurant in Little Italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great experience at this restauran!

The concierge at the the hotel recommended this restaurant for dinner for a birthday celebration and told me that this place had good traditional Italian food and affordable prices which describes this place perfectly!

The service was outstanding, everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming. It almost felt like you were eating in neighbors house.

The decor is basic not beautiful, but the food more than makes up for it.

Great Caesar salads and homemade pastas!

The neighborhood is not alluring and you may want to take a taxi if you have a far walk. From the outside this place is not fantastic, but you will be very happy once you go inside and sit down for a home cooked meal!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere