“Excellent Food and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Scupper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 1,672 Restaurants in Baltimore
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Water Taxi Stop
Description: When in Baltimore enjoy the city's freshest seafood along with Inner Harbor's best view. The Rusty Scupper offers a tempting array of local seafood specialties from Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes to pan-seared Rockfish with Lobster. You can also enjoy classic dishes such as Beef Tenderloin & Grilled Atlantic Salmon, all served in a spectacular waterfront setting.
Stuttgart, Germany
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have gone to the Rusty Scupper several times and it is one of my favorite restaurants in Baltimore. We've enjoyed both their regular lunch service and their Sunday Buffet. The food is always fresh and the service is exceptional. During our last visit, we went to the Sunday Buffet and they had everything you could imagine from prime rib to crab cakes, shrimp, eggs bacon, all types of fresh vegetables and desserts.Just make sure to book a reservation as they do only two seating times for the buffet. I will definitely be going back to the Rusty Scupper the next time I'm in Baltimore.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Enjoyable Atmosphere! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was not disappointed in the food nor the service! It was suggested by my hotel and I'm glad I went! I had the crab cakes and wanted to order another just to take back to my room. A MUST when I come to town.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Great ambience, service and of course cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love eating here and have never been disappointed. Whether dining casually with family, or formally with clients, the service is impeccable and the food always delicious! Ample parking in the nearby garage, and spectacular views of the inner harbor.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Petoskey, Michigan
“Great View - Awful Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We should have trusted out instincts and gone somewhere else. Although the location is spectacular, right on the harbor, the food is expensive and tasteless. I went with the Chef's special "Bourbon Maple Cod" which was supposed to be panko crusted. I found no evidence of panko crust, it was soggy and flavorless. The Bourbon Maple tasted like a super sweet maple candy topping on the fish. Zucchini were rubbery and not hot. My husband paid $29 for two soft shelled crabs served on cold crostinis. Gross. Worst meal we had in our five days in Baltimore.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Staten Island, New York
“Great Inner Harbor Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We used Open Table to book a reservation for the same night and it worked well. This is a HUGE restaurant right on the Inner Harbor. And very busy. It has a great view of the harbor especially for a sunset dinner.
The service was ok. A bit slow and the waiter seemed to forget a few things or take a little too long, but he was very polite and even comp-ed something to make up for it.
The food was VERY good. My wife had the Cream of crab soup and I had classic Maryland crab. Both were delicious. The bread is also good. For dinner I had the salmon. It was fresh and flavorful. She had stuffed shrimp and crab cake. No complaints here.
The atmosphere is busy but not too over crowded. And again that view.
Tips: Ask for a window table, and if you're staying in the Inner Harbor on a nice night, use the Harbor Boat Taxi. But the restaurant also supplies a shuttle from there to places in the Inner Harbor.

• Visited May 2014