“exotic, very good Korean food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #448 of 1,805 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Korean, Vietnamese
Columbia, Maryland, United States
“exotic, very good Korean food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This restaurant is on my list of favorites; prices are fair, and the food is very good. I like the lunch menu; my favorite dish is beef with vegetables on a hot stone pot. Very good chewy rice at the bottom of the pot. The service is average, sometimes English is limited depending on the server, but often prompt, and efficient. The soups can be spicy hot, but taste and good.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore
“Eh... There's better options out there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nam Kang is a pretty average Korean restaurant, a little pricier than its competitors, but also less busy.

There's ample seating in the restaurant, but not sufficient parking outside.

The jajangmyun is decent. It can't compare to its Ellicott City/Catonsville counterparts, but it's certainly a win in Baltimore. The tangsooyook can be better. It's not as crispy or fresh as I've had in the past, but it's okay if you're craving it.

Refills for sides cost extra, so savor the first servings.

Visited July 2013
Charlottesville
“EAT HERE NOW! possibly the very best korean food i've ever had in my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I came here with a friend last week late night and had an amazing experience. It might have been the best korean restaurant I've been to in the U.S. - definitely right up there with all the korean places i've been to growing up in the north jersey/new york city area. We started with the dumplings, which were standard dumplings for any asian restaurant and were good, then also ordered the bulgogi, the seafood pancakes, and about 3 other meat dishes I wish I could remember the name of. Much to our surprise, the waitress brings over like 6 little mini bowls each filled with different tasty side dishes like kimchi, pickled spicy cucumber, some kind of beans, etc., and a big thing of white rice. Everything we had was terrific. We both agreed it was the best bulgogi we had ever had, and the seafood pancake really, really impressed us. It was a little greasier than I probably would have liked it, but it had that great tasty crispness to the edges, with the perfect soft tender middle part. My friend also ordered some really spicy meat dish which he liked a lot too. I've seen where a few people have said the kimchi is just so-so. I can understand since it's typically really spicy hot. Here it's more spicy flavorful and tasty, and only moderately spicy hot - which is exactly how i like it. I thought the kimchi was very good. (But they'll also provide some korean hot sauce which is really tasty too if you'd like your other dishes a little hotter.) Also, best part, they're open til 4 am. This place rocks and i'll definitely be coming back the next time I'm in Baltimore!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kearny, NJ
“Even my parents liked it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

My parents don't usually appreciate Korean food, but they ate everything including the banchan (which many incorrectly refer to as appetizers). This place is also open well after midnight. They will also modify the dishes at your request.

Visited May 2012
“Plenty of food and good hot stone pot bi bim bap.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 via mobile

Not expensive. Good bi bim bap. Kim chee just ok. Casual. Local hangout.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere