“Absolute Best Service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Absolute Best Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The location is most certainly questionable **BUT** the restaurant is worth the try anyways. I've been here several times over the last four years and I've always been blown away by the friendly and attentive service. The same man serves as host and waiter and I'm quite sure he's the owner of the restaurant as well. As for the food, I don't have the most experienced Thai palette but I've absolutely enjoyed everything I've tried here. The fried cheesecake is a must! Definitely give this restaurant a try. If you value great food and service, you will not be disappointed. And for those who are uneasy about street parking (I know I am..), there's a small parking lot for customers behind the restaurant. Bon appétit!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
Wickenburg, Arizona
“Incredible Thai in unlikely location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This restaurant serves delicious Thai dishes in a quiet atmosphere with excellent service. I have found this to be true in many Thai restaurants, but this is by far the best I have ever eaten. My wife and I are visiting Baltimore and wanted a "date" night out. I highly recommend this restaurant even if you have to make a special trip to this location, it will be worth it indeed. We will go back many times.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“always great, please keep this restaurant alive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We've eaten in this restaurant consistently in the 20+ years we've lived in Baltimore. When it was the lone Thai restaurant in a block full of Chinese restaurants, they did a brisk business. But after the baseball stadium moved from the neighborhood down to Camden Yards, all the Chinese restaurants died or moved. The Thai has hung on even though the block is a little sketchy. Beautifully decorated, with terrific food and friendly staff. It rarely is busy, even on weekend evenings. I hate to see that. Try the Masaman curries and the Thai iced coffee and Thai iced tea.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great service & extremely good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Yes, the surrounding neighborhood on Greenmount (especially to the south) is not the prettiest. But sometimes the best places to eat are not located in the "best places." This is one example.

We parked right out front on a Saturday evening and walked right in. The host could not be more accommodating - he will explain anything you want to know including how spicy the different levels are and what tastes like what. They had about 6 specials on this particular night, including a salmon that you could get prepared with any of their five choices of curries (I picked red, and it was delicious). The pad thai was very good, and "Treasure Island" soup was fantastic - loaded with calamari, shrimp, and scallops in a mouthwatering broth highlighted by lime juice and scallions. The vegetarian member of our party asked for stir-fried veggies and was allowed to specify exactly what vegetables would be used and to make the spiciness level zero - she gobbled that dish right up. Service is tremendous. And I don't know why anyone complains about the prices - four of us ate entrees with one shared appetizer and the aforementioned soup plus a couple of drinks for about $80 before tip.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Oh dear”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This great Baltimore institution with terrific Thai food and impeccable service lost out tonight because we had not one, but two roaches make an appearance on the ledge next to our table. The waiter graciously dispatched them, but the whole experience really brought down the evening.

• Visited June 2013