“Great Asian Fusion Cusinine” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Roy's Baltimore

Roy's Baltimore
720 B Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21202-4340 (Little Italy)
+1 410-659-0099
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roy's Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,803 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood, Pacific Rim
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: President Street
Transit: MTA bus stop a half block away. Charm City Circulator stops across the street. We also offer our own complimentary shuttle to & from all city centers & hotels
Marriottsville, Maryland
“Great Asian Fusion Cusinine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Roy's serves great food, in a great section of Baltimore. The restaurant was very clean, well lite and comfortable. The staff extremely professional. Service progressed perfectly, with adequate time between courses. The portions were generous, but not excessive. I would recommend their prix fixe menus. it offered a great variety at a reasonable rate.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Barbara, California
“Best. Sushi. Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of a Roy's late night supper. I sat at the bar since I was alone and it was late. Service could not have been more attentive. The comp edamame was tasty. I ordered the lakanilau roll at the waitress's recommendation, and the ceasar salad. Since I was at the bar, I could watch the chefs create my food--interesting!
The roll was amazing. Simultaneously I was hoovering it down while never wanting it to be gone! It truly was the best sushi I've ever had!
Salad was also good.
I wish we had a Roy's in Santa Barbara!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
chicago
“Good food, but so loud ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I thought the food here was pretty good. They start you off with a bowl of edamame, which is spicy, but tasty. I ordered the seafood combination. The shrimp and lobster tasted great, but the crab cake and scallop were just okay, and I love scallops, so that was disappointing. My companion had the rustic filet, which was amazing. (I wish I would have ordered that as well.) I had one bite and was tempted to grab her plate to finish it. We both had the chocolate souffle for dessert, and that was delicious as well, definitely worth the wait.

Service was good. Our waiter was attentive, but kept trying to joke with us. His idea of a "joke" was to tell us our food/drinks were something other than what we ordered. I didn't really find it amusing to have to keep confirming that I was getting the right thing. I think that was just an issue with that particular server, though. Apart from that, we were seated promptly, our food came out quickly and everyone was friendly.

The main reason for the lower rating was that the restaurant was ridiculously noisy. The main dining room when we walked in was so loud that I had to literally put my mouth right next to the hostess' ear to give her my name for the reservation. She couldn't hear me otherwise. I mentioned it was loud and they seated us in a smaller room, but the volume in there was not much improved. I could barely hear my companion and she was seated right across from me. I can't imagine trying to have a romantic dinner in that atmosphere. It was very off-putting. For that reason alone, I can't see myself ever eating here again.

So, in summary, the food is good (a bit pricey for what you get), the service is good, but the noise level is unbelievably loud. I can't relax in that kind of environment. I couldn't enjoy myself even with the good food, and I won't go back if we find ourselves in Baltimore again. I'm sure there are other restaurants in the area with equally good food and a more relaxing atmosphere.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Burke, VA
“Excellent in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We've eaten at Roy's Baltimore many times. In fact we consider the Baltimore Roy's our home town Roy's (even though it is 90 minutes from home.) The staff and service is an example of how a nice restaurant should be run. The Partner/GM (Bryson) is always visible and the staff is both friendly and efficient. The food is wonderful and the Hawaiian specialty drinks are fab (and the reason we need to spend the night nearby!) We had the lobster tail and steak special this trip and loved it. With the salad appetizer and poke tacos, this was a filling meal. This was too bad as the deserts are wonderful and we had no more room! Oh well, next time...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bridgeton, New Jersey
“Always happy @ Roy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arived at the end of Aloha hour and got our Mai Tai order in. Yahoo. The restaurant and bar were jam packed, on a Wednesday, no less!!!. Baltimore Orioles playing at home and Sting was in concert about 3 blocks away. Noisy and busy to say the least but we were in no hurry. Our server treated us like family which is always the case when we dine at any Roy's restaurants. First treat, sunrise @ Haleakala sushi. The best ever, Creamy, tender, and so flavorful. We then shared the asparagus salad which was very large and good, but we found the dressing to be a bit bland Then it was the macadamia encrusted mahi mahi for me. It was so delicious and done perfectly. My husband had the Tiger shrimp which he enjoyed very much. And, of course the Melting Hot chocolate cake, which we always order with 2 spoons. We must travel out of state, ( NJ to MD) to eat at Roys so this is always a special treat for us. We have never been disappointed. always good food, excellent service with a smile and worth the extra effort and expense to dine there.

• Visited June 2013