“Better than previous reviews” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Loco Hombre (Alonso's Restaurant)

Loco Hombre (Alonso's Restaurant)
413 W Cold Spring Ln, Baltimore, MD 21210-2845
(410) 889-2233
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,024 of 1,817 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Mexican, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
“Better than previous reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My mom purchased a groupon for this place and she took her husband, my husband, and me there last night. After reading the reviews on here, we were a little worried, but the service was great and the food was good.

My husband and I didn't like the margaritas but my mom liked her coconut one just fine. We ordered the crab and chorizo dip for an appetizer. It was delicious! We couldn't find the chorizo and ran out of dippers, but we were happy with it.

We ordered burgers for dinner: the Alonso burger, the spicy buffalo, the western, and the Chesapeake. The first three were great. I have had a better Chesapeake burger elsewhere.

We all said we would return to try other burgers and beer. The beer list is six pages long.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Food - Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This restaurant is located in the outskirts of Baltimore. It's close to the beltway and Towson University. The prices are a little high, but the food is amazing. The staff is friendly and attentive.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My Dad, Brother, and I love this restaurant. We always get the nachos, which are amazing. My dad gets the hamburger which is good, and my brother gets the buffulo wings. I recommend the servers Ingrid and Liz.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We arrived at Alonso's when it was a bit busy but didn't have to wait for a table. We sat on the Loco Hombre side. Sat down at 7:20 pm. Ordered, food didn't arrive until 8:10 pm. Service was mediocre at best. We talked to the manager at 8:10 pm to explain we requested french fries from the hamburger order to come out first and the answer was no the kitchen was too busy. The seltzers and Pepsi were flat; we asked our server to share that information. She comes back and says, "It isn't flat, it's the syrup mixture." We looked at one another astounded at such an unusual response. When our food arrived at 8:10 am, the fajitas, rice and hamburger were cold/tepid. The chorizo mac n' cheese was hot. No one from management came to check on our table after we had voiced our concerns about the slowness of service. During the 50 minute wait, the server checked on our table ONCE. As we left, I stopped to speak to the same manager to say it was a terrible meal and that we were shocked that no one came to check on our table after we had voiced concerns. I was assertive and not rude. Suddenly the "head manager" comes out of nowhere and blames US for the lack of communication. Never have we been blamed as the customer for slow service, poor management response, and poor food. Alonso's/Loco Hombre used to be really fun with good food and service. It is terrible. Don't go.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wenatchee, Washington
“Absolutely Dreadful Mexican Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

By far the worst Mexican food I have ever eaten anywhere in the United States. There is nothing fresh here. The rice and beans were dried out clumps that surely were sitting around for hours, if not days. The meat in the tacos had no flavor at all. The guacamole is an embarrassment - tasteless goo squeezed out of a tube. Maybe their other menu items are much better, but if you don't want to put any effort into the Mexican entrees, then take them off the menu. There is nothing fresh, nothing creative and nothing tasty going on here, not to mention anything Mexican. Go here if you like the bar or want to support the neighborhood, but try something other than the Mexican food.

• Visited May 2013