“Poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Valentino's Italian Restaurant

Valentino's Italian Restaurant
6627 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21214 (Formerly Valentino's)
410-254-4700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Valentino's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 1,793 restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Diner, Greek, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Corner of East Northern Parkway
Description: Offering complete in house services as well as a wide range of carry out and catering. Our objective is to please. We invite you to let us know if there is anymore that we can do to achieve that aim.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I came here on Christmas Day as it was one of the very few places open. The manager was excellent and offered us his services to us after we were seated. Unfortunately our server was horrible. She wasn't friendly, didn't explain the menu or make suggestions like other servers, and didn't check on us AT ALL. We were there for 1 hour total and we literally saw her for maybe 2 minutes. That includes no water refills. We saw her through the door to the kitchen prepping food. After I brought it to the manager's attention, he offered to take some money off our check but our card was already processed. So he offered us some desserts for free, which was nice. I thought the food was above average. I would have given this place 4 stars if it wasn't for our server. She needs some more training or else I'm sure other patrons will have a similar negative experience in what is probably a great place otherwise.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
“Excellent ! 100% the best !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The best of the best !!! Shout 2 the manager ... Mr.Nick !! He takes pride in his business .outstanding attitude & service

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The delightful dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to go in for an early morning breakfast so I stopped by and automatically I had a greeting waiting for me a few young ladies neatly dressed sat me at my table, and stated my waiter should be with me momentarily. My waitress hilary was very delightful, she brought my food out in a timely manner, & that complimentary fruit plate is phenomenal... Overall everything was delightful. Thank you valentinos!!

• Visited August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellent crab cakes and seafood alfredo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've been eating at Valentino's for years and love the food there. The chicken cheesesteaks are one of my regular favorites, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the Maryland crab cakes were. I recently became a fan of the Seafood Maryland alfredo meal. You get a generous portion in your meals and you will not be disappointed. Love Valentino's!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ValentinosBaltimore, Owner at Valentino's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Positive feedback is very encouraging. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Annapolis, MD
“I will give it another chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I moved to the area about 5 years ago and have drove past this place a bunch of times but never stopped in. I rely heavily on recommendations and nobody has ever recommended this place. I decided to try and it was ok. We were seated right away - they brought water and breadsticks right away. We were starving - so the breadsticks were very welcomed. After waiting 30 minutes I had to get someone's attention that we hadn't ordered yet. Somehow they forgot to assign a server to our table. A waitress came over promptly and took our order. We received our food about 50 minutes after being seated. I don't think any of the food was made fresh onsite. My vegetables appeared to be from a can and gravy from a mix. There was 15% gratuity added - it saved me money because I normally tip > 20%. I believe that they forgot to give us a server. My son thought the floor looked like McDonalds but otherwise the place appeared to be well kept. I may go back again because the breadsticks were really good.

• Visited May 2013