“Wonderfull Experience,” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Acropolis Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #200 of 1,672 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oldham St
USA
“Wonderfull Experience,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Forget about the appearance of Greek Town in Baltimore, yopu must eat here. Food, service, is great. Our server Jeff was outstanding, provideing great recomendations. Food prep, taste, and truly authentic Greek Food are abundant at this restaurant. For get the overpriced Crabs in Baltimore, or marginal food in Little Italy, eat here, its great.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Family owned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been coming here for atleast 30 years .It is the best and most reasonable greek restaurant.It is family owned.the georges do the cooking and Debby runs the front.We were there on 12/30 and it was great as usual.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Reasonable, delicious, nice atmosphere, free weekend parking - who could ask for anything more??”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We visited the Acropolis Restaurant on a whim after reading good reviews - and we were not disappointed! I had the crabcake with string beans and carrots...and my partner had the chicken souvlaki platter, which included two kebobs, a Greek salad, fries, a stuffed grape leaf, and pita with tzatziki sauce and homemade dressing. The prices were reasonable, the staff was friendly...and even the bread was delicious! We will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Outstanding Food and Service. We will be back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family and I were in the mood for Greek food so we decided to go to our old standby, Ikaros Restaurant. When we arrived a Ikaros without a reservation, we were told by the hostess that we would be seated in 5 minutes. 15 minutes later we still were not seated and it seemed like the restaurant was in kaos. Since we were starving, we decided to find another restaurant and we are so glad we did. We stumbled upon the Acropolis and we were pleasantly surprised. Everything we ate was fabulous. The salads, stuffed grape leaves, pastitio, mousaka, and vegetables were all great. My kids loved it and even tried a few new items. The waitress was atttentive and friendly. This is a hidden gem and we will definitely dine here again.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Terrible service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I have NEVER not left a tip before. I was so disgusted with how I was treated at this place and will be sure to let everyone who I possibly can know about it.
It was about 2pm on Friday when my companion and I walked into the restaurant. There were 2 older ladies seated at a table who left shortly after we arrived then a table of about 8 older people, talking both Greek and English, near the front. After being seated, I told the waitress that I had the Living Social deal and she told me that was OK, but I had to order from the dinner menu- and she showed me the lunch page that I couldn't order from. I then put my voucher on the table next to me.
There is a lot that I cannot fit here. The waitress seemed to be getting annoyed at me asking about dairy in the dishes, at one point telling me that I should look into the falafel dish as it might contain dairy. Huh? How am *I* supposed to look into it? She couldn't ask when she was in the kitchen asking about the eggplant salad if she suspected that? All the menu (which I no longer had) said was that it had falafel, pita, hummus, and stuffed grape leaves- no indication of dairy. When she asked me if I was allergic to dairy, I told her that I wasn't but I tried to eat vegan- she obviously did not know what that was and never asked. I was presented with grouper soup from the owner even after mentioning that I had not realized meat was in the grape leaves (my fault for not asking). Not only was her tone getting snippier and snippier, but she walked away while I was talking to her several times. Besides being rude, the service was painfully slow. It took us 2 hours for 2 of us to get in and out of the door- and all we had ordered were stuffed grape leaves and falafel platters.
The final straw was when I handed her my voucher. She took it, then came back and said that she couldn’t honor it because it stated that you had to buy an entrée and we had ordered several items that were appetizers. I read that and could not dispute that. But then she went on to say that I never told her about it, and if I had, she would have told me about the entrée. I was taken aback, and all I could get out was, “I thought I told you about it?”, to which she replied, “No, no, you never told me about it, or I would have told you about the entrée. I can’t accept this or it will come out of my pay.” My companion then piped up and said, “I heard her tell you we had it. You said OK.” She again said that I never said anything about it. Then she went up to talk with the owner and came back to tell me there was nothing she could do about it. I was getting my card out to pay, and I said, “He’s right- when I did tell you about the coupon you said it was OK.” She again argued that I did not, and I said I had it sitting on the table next to me the whole time we were there. Her response to that was that she wouldn’t see something sitting on the table, yet she took the bread plates away from right next to it. I just motioned for her to take my card and let everything be over. I was tired of being in that restaurant- 2 hours for stuffed grapes leaves and falafel platters for 2 when the restaurant was virtually empty was ridiculous. She then brought me back my coupon and I told her she could give it to someone else- as we would not be coming back. She snipped back “YOU can give it to someone else.” Based on this experience, I would not recommend this place to a single soul.
In the car on the way home, I turned to my companion and said, “Wait a minute! She said I never told her about the Living Social deal! But when we first got there and I told her about it, she told me that we had to order off the dinner menu, not the lunch menu!” I had completely forgotten that part. He told me to call the restaurant, but I just don’t want to deal with them again.
I felt like the owner actually cared, but I was afraid that if I did approach him, I would have trouble understanding him. The waitress, on the other hand, seemed to think our opinion did not matter. Not only was she rude in both her tone and by walking away from me while I was talking to her, but she called me a liar. She has no clue about customer service. Even if she didn’t remember me telling her about the deal, there would have been a much better way for her to handle it then argue with both of us that I never mentioned it. Her service was terrible.
I recall working at the front desk at a business and being told in a meeting that 1 person who has a bad experience tells 10 other people, who then tell 10 more people. And this was in the days before the internet. I never would have returned to the restaurant as they did not have much for me to eat there, but my companion and I had been talking about him returning with his girlfriend who worked nearby. Because of this waitress, this restaurant has now lost several potential customers.

• Visited October 2012