“Over priced. Service awful!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
601 E Pratt St, Ste 2, Baltimore, MD 21202-3113 (Inner Harbor)
410-347-7625
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #300 of 1,817 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Family Fare
Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Inner Harbor
Wenonah, NJ
“Over priced. Service awful!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stopped in for a drink and an appetizer. Nacho's were awesome!! Drinks were great! However the price they charge is rediculous and the waitress was never around! We were on a time limit to visit the aquarium. We spend 20 minutes sitting around waiting to spot her. I don't know what it is about a Hard Rock Cafe. I always have to go in but never have a "great" experience"!!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Friendly Staff, Average Food, Noisy even for Hard Rock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

My son and I stopped in for early dinner. We were seated quickly and greated by friendly wait staff. He ordered burger and I ordered the pasta that the waitress recommended. Both good, but not great. The biggest issue that I had was the noise. The music was so loud that it was hard to talk to each other acrosse the table. Yes, I am a rock fan, but this was a bit over the top.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Northeast Pennsylvania
“To be expected at a chain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Walked over from my hotel (Renaissance). Usually like Hard Rocks b/c of the music and fun atmosphere. Ordered a Grey Goose & Diet. $9 + tax (tax? must be a Maryland thing?) so it was an odd amount, like $9.37. Expensive, but a strong drink. Ordered an appetizer to go...Chicken Lettuce wraps. Loved them! Trying to eat "healthy" and this was really good! You get about 1/2 of an iceburg lettuce head and enough chicken and veggies to make about 4-5 good wraps.

Service was ok...but I asked if he could please not list my drink at "Grey Goose" so I could expense it and he said he cant do that. That's a first! Come on, he couldnt ring it under miscellaneous food or drink or something? When I got the check, at the end of the receipt ,BIGGER than the ENTIRE RECEIPT, is a LECTURE ON HOW TO TIP..."STANDARD TIP IS 20-25% FOR GOOD SERVICE, 30% FOR EXCELLENT SERVICE, etc..." REALLY, HARD ROCK??? Are people not tipping? Or not as much as you would like them to b/c the service isn't the best or your prices are outrageous? I wouldve given the bartender more if he took care of me with my receipt request, but I did leave 20%.

I heard a lady complain that they added the tip to her bill and she left a tip ON TOP of it b/c she did not realize it was added on and they were not giving her a good answer on why the tip was included (& I think she was trying to get it off the bill b/c she gave the waiter cash and they WOULDNT TAKE IT OFF)(I checked my receipt again and it wasnt added on mine...) I dont think she was part of a large party or anything. I really didnt like the way that was handled at all.

Anyway...I never expect much from a "chain" (preportioned food, big prices) Yes it is a "tourist trap" But it is a cool, fun atmosphere, and like I said, the lettuce wrap was surprisingly good. Order it.

Visited July 2011
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Dogfood On a Plate”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We liked the setting of the Baltimore Hard Rock, but after that it goes downhill. The burgers were burnt, the chips are literally that, chips which don't have much taste and the fish of the day, mahi-mahi, wasn't anything to write home about. In brief, this restaurant is not a good value for the price of the dishes on the menu, and the quality of the food was average at best,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Aweful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Some coworkers and i decided to try something different and close to the office, and we all thought Hard Rock would be something different to try. The waiter arrived at our table reaking of cigarette smoke. He appears good at first but once our bill came it all went down hill. The bill was $3 off in price and there was no explanation for it. We added the bill and realized what was on the receipt did not match the total, there was a phantom charge. We asked the waiter about it and he stated that the nachos do NOT include guacamole and it was $3 extra. Mind you, the amount of quac received was worth about half a dollar, it was in a tiny cup that had about 2 tablespoon worth. He never mentioned it was an up charge and when we asked to see the menu to make sure it was extra he stood looking at the menu but wouldn't bring it to the table, when we asked he said he couldn't find it on the menu and was too busy to look further. I asked to see the manager. After a long wait the manager came out and was rude and did not want to try and explain the phantom charge or why the price was not in the menu. She brought out a new bill that seem to have the quac charge after the waiter said it never shows up the $3 just gets added in without showing up. we indicated to her that if it is not listed on the menu they cant charge us for it. She stormed away and brought back a new receipt with the charge taken off, she never apologized, or even tried to explain. She was the rudest manager i have ever seen. This is a tourist trap and who knows how many people have phantom charges and never know it because they don't add up the bill. The food is too expensive for the quality.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere