“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of LA Scala Restaurant

LA Scala Restaurant
1012 Eastern Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)
+1 410-783-9209
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
LA Scala Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,803 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Welcome to La Scala Ristorante Italiano, regional Italian cuisine at its finest. In Milan, La Scala is known for great music; in Little Italy, La Scala means great food!
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I wish I could tell you our waiter's name but he was so knowledgeable and could pronounce all those Italian words even though he told us he was Hispanic after we told him what a good job he does. My husband, sister-in-law and her husband and myself thought we were in Italy. What an experience and the bocci ball made it so realistic. I read where one person on Trip Advisor said there are restaurants who say they are Italian but this is the most authentic of any of them. The owner came by and asked us how we enjoyed our meal. We LOVED our meal! I have to admit that I ate veal with seafood dish. I thought it was the best Italian meal I have ever eaten. The Chianti was recommended by our server and it was perfect. Perfect company, Perfect meal, perfect wine. I will never forget this meal. My husband says everything about the place is really really good but the wine was a little expensive. He might not feel that way if I hadn't ordered a second bottle. I was over the moon in love with the place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Cary
“Always go there when in Baltimore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Another great meal at LaScala. We always go there when in Baltimore. The food is exceptional, the service just excellent. We had several terrific veal dishes last night. Don't miss the veal Alla Toscana!! Great mussels. An added benefit - if you are in town without a car they will pick you up. It was pouring rain when we went to leave - they even offered to walk us out with an umbrella.
I wish LaScala was in Cary.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Take the name literally!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

After being recommended by a local as a very good with a somewhat casual atmosphere, we decided to give La Scala a try. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is tiered and exuded a good vibe as we meandered past the bar, overlooked the bocce ball court and were seated on the top tier. Everything from the bread and antipasto to the desserts ranged from very very good to excellent. A great choice for a great authentic Italian cuisine.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“AWESOME restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

On a recent trip to Baltimore we headed to little Italy for dinner. We had no specific place in mind. While walking around little Italy, a women came out of her house and we ask her for the best Italian restaurant in the neighborhood and she recommended La Scala.
We were VERY glad we took her suggestion. Excellent food and outstanding service.
The Chef came out to say hello to all of the tables. It was a very enjoyable evening.
The restaurant even has a van that will take you back to your hotel.
I highly recommend La Scala. You will not be disappointed.

Maryland
“I love this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Of all the places in Little Italy, this is by far my favorite. Always a warm greeting, always good service, and the food is excellent. Went there recently with two friends for my Birthday and as usual, a very very very good dining experience. Not to mention and after dinner Bocci game. Go! You'll love it.

• Visited August 2013