“My husband is Indian...Darbar is excellent!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Darbar Cuisine of India

Darbar Cuisine of India
1911 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231 (Fells Point)
(410) 563-8008
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Darbar Cuisine of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #256 of 1,673 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Cross street: Wolfe & Washington
Charleston, South Carolina
“My husband is Indian...Darbar is excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

While in MD for a last day. We went down to the waterfront (BIG disappointment ). It was a cold raining day in late Feb. The restarunts on the waterfront were tourist traps and not what they used to be. We looked for Indian restarunts on google. We saw Darbar was close by. We were so glad.
My husband is Indian and he said the chicken curry was as good as he had ever had. I got the lamb chops, the sauce was so good, I wanted to lick the bowl! It is a quiet small place with excellent wait staff. Prices are from 10 - 16 $ for lunch, and the wine list was super. Go if you like Indian food.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Birmingham
“Not that impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

The order came wrong but was replaced. The naan breads were just warm not hot. Slow service. Though the staff are friendly

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“My mouth is watering just thinking about it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Excellent EXCELLENT Indian food. I live nearby and could definitely eat here every week without getting sick of it.

The lunch buffet is a good deal but I prefer to go for dinner... because a lot of my menu favorites aren't on the buffet.

The servers are friendly and the woman that I assume is an owner always makes the rounds to ask if everything is ok.

Bottles of wine are reasonably priced so you can make a nice date night of it without spending a fortune.

Some of the furnishings could stand to be updated but that is really the only negative thing i have to say and in my opinion does not detract from the meal.

Through at least the end of 2013 there is a 15% coupon available on the website!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newton, Massachusetts
“Great Indian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have enjoyed Darbar's on several occasions while visiting family in Fells Point. The food is always excellent, very well spiced and carefully prepared. We live in Boston, and Darbar's favorably rivals our favorite Indian restaurant back home. Great food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“From and Indian: Best Indian in B-more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I are of Indian descent and have eaten at probably 100+ Indian restaurants around the US, including NYC and California. Darbar is definitely way up there on our list! Warm service, perfectly cooked food, and consistent. And the Khatta Meetha Baingan is a **MUST** try item -- baby eggplants in an amazing sweet spicy savory sauce. Whatever your desire, you will not be disappointed eating at Darbar.

• Visited May 2013