“Our favorite resturant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
hydes
“Our favorite resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is the best Indian food in Baltimore. My entire family loves it, including kids 8 and 10 years old. The food is great and in the nice weather you can sit out on the patio. It is also nice in the winter with the candle light and 2 fireplaces. The service is reasonable and the people are nice. This is the resturant we go to for all of our special occasions.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a reservation at 9.15. Upon arriving we were informed that the kitchen closes at 9.45. The service was horrible and the hostess showed a lot of attitude. Food was not good and it's HIGHLY over-priced. I would recommend everyone to try any other restaurant rather than this one.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Indian Food at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Another top five restaurant in Baltimore, the Ambassador is well worth a trek up past Johns Hopkins Univ. It's a grand building, and the restaurant is both elegant and welcoming. We've only been in the winter, but understand that it's delightful in the warmer months as well. The food is just superb, the service is fine, and the experience very rewarding.

Visited November 2012
Buffalo, New York
“Great restaurant in an unusual location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Ambassador is an Indian restaurant that I highly recommend. It's located in what (for me) is a unique location--an apartment complex. I'm not even sure there's a sign outside.

Once inside, the decor is superb--elegant, sophisticated, and peaceful.

The food is well-prepared, creative, and well-presented. Service is friendly, respectful, and competent.

The food isn't inexpensive, but it's not overpriced either.

We have eaten in Indian restaurants in many U.S. cities and many other countries.
(Not in India, however.). Ambassador would rank with the very best.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Food disappointed!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with a friend who lives locally and thought this was a good place. I was quite impressed with ambience. The restaurant had character and was spacious. The service was pretty good too.

The food however was disappointing. We ordered chicken cheera and malai kofta. the chicken was a 4 out of 10 and the malai kkofta was 7 out of 10. The food was also pretty bland. the bread were kulcha and garlic nan and were almost indistinguishable. I would probably have given it 3 stars if it had been less expensive. with the mains costin $18 each I expected something better.

The heating was also turned up to the point that it was uncomfortable. I was just wearing two layers. I don't think I was overdressed.