As a resident of Baltimore for the past 20 years, I am embarrassed to say I ate at Matsuri for the first time last month. Matsuri is a restaurant that I will definitely frequent again but there are some things to consider when dining here:
1) timing - I would refrain from dining here on a night there is a special event in Baltimore (such as the O's playing or a Ravens home game) as the entire neighborhood is very crowded and parking can be a HUGE challenge and the sports fans can be extremely loud and obnoxious patrons;
2) ambience - the restaurant is modest, on a corner in Federal Hill. There is no harbor view, etc., so if you are looking for that kind of scenery this won't be the place for you.
3) service - good, but the night we dined there our server was extremely overwhelmed. Subsequently, she actually forgot to charge us for certain items so we left her a large tip.
Some of the things to order:
1) the sushi rolls - SO many options and specials that I think there is something for everyone.
2) tempura - very good, very fresh
3) the sake flight was well received :-)
If you are visiting Baltimore and want some sushi then I would definitely check out Matsuri: it is good, affordable and a locally owned gem which can be hard to find in all of the newly developed commercialized Harbor area.
If you own or manage Matsuri Restaurant, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.