“Poor Service by Jenna” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Jimmy's Famous Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #359 of 1,793 restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dundalk Ave.
Orlando, Florida
“Poor Service by Jenna”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was working Baltimore for the week. Came her for some crabs before heading to BWI to catch my plane to Orlando. From the time I sat down server Jenna had and attitude. I ordered raw Chesapeake mussels, I had to ask to horseradish and crackers. I had to ask for a cocktail fork. Which was unavailable but Jenna offer to wash one is she came across the small fork. Finally, I put of crabs arrived. I like them better when the came on a tray and were laid out on the table. However the mixed females were on the small side and only $39.99 a dozen (It was a savings but I was hoping for X-Large or bigger money was not a factor.)

I had hoped to watch ESPN but that was pre-empted I was seated in the main dining room because there was a small private party with a bunch of drunk people at 2p in the afternoon and toddlers running around the restaurant screaming; this group not take up the entire room and most of them were at the bar.

As I attempt to crack open the first crab I realize that I do no have crab (nut) crackers. So I walk to the front counter to request one. Jenna come following me back to my table to ensue an argument. I asked her to leave my table. I told her the service was poor in a nice tone. That I should not have to for items that normally come with the meal. When I was done and she brought the bill she did take off one of my drinks but that was no constellation. Again, I had to ask for wet wipes and the may remaining crabs be placed in a paper page and then plastic I paid my bill and I will go to Gibby's in Timonnium the next time I'm on business in Baltimore.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

57% Recommend
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Great Crab Cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to Jimmy's with my collegues and had a wonderful crab cake. Along with a cup of soup, I found the 8 oz crab cake to be plenty. I had it broiled and it was good. The Oysters Rockafeller were very good as well. I would definitely return.....keep thinking about that crab cake. Our waitress was GREAT! I wish I could remember her name.

• Visited February 2013
“Delicious seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Three friends and I visited Jimmys during restaurant week. We had never been here before but were pleasantly surprised. We ordered strawberry mojitos first that weren't that good, but the food quickly made up for that. The crab pretzel, cream of crab soup, and Jimmys seafood sampler were all delicious. Our entrees, chicken Chesapeake and a pasta with seafood dish, were also fantastic. We were full after this, but we couldn't resist the dessert that came with the restaurant week deal. We had delicious cheesecake and an ice cream waffle sandwich concoction with nutella, both perfectly sweet and tasty. The service was average, nothing super but nothing to complain about. I would certainly return, even if only to get the crab pretzel!

Springfield, Illinois
“How did they become "famous" with service like this???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My party of 9 went to Jimmy's on 1/19/13. 7 of us were first time visitors. We were seated and given menus and paper copies of the specials offered. We had 2 servers for out table. One for each side. Later (not too terribly long) they returned for drink orders/appetizers. Only one appetizer was ordered (mine which was the fried crab cake balls which were wonderful). Everyone quickly placed their order. I ordered the seafood pasta from the "special" menu, there were several rib eye orders and crab cake platters along with fried and stuffed shrimp. After an hour wait one person in our party complained that they still had not even recieved the salad that came with thier meal but at this point to just forget it. Once the meals finally arrived EVERY ribeye was burned/VERY well done. 2 were ordered medium well and one was ordered medium. None were supposed to be well done let alone VERY well! My pasta was extremely bland and flavorless. The crab cakes were wonderful, the orderes of stuffed and fried shrimp were good the other guests said but the service was so slow and unapologetic. After our server(s) were notified that we had complaints a manager came out and offered a 20% discount for the entire tab. We accepted. she returned and said she could not give us what she promised and would take 50% off of only the ribeye meals which means the rest of us who were unhappy had been completly removed from the offer. I would have been willing to return and try the place again with the apology and 20% off that I was OFFERED but for her to come back and say "oh i know I said I could do that but nevermind were going to give you less than that" was unacceptable to me so I will not be back and will encourage others to try one of the many other seafood places in the area. I understand that they chose to give the discount on only the rebeyes because it came out cheaper for THEM but I do not like business' that do not keep their word, especially when it was given right to your face only a few min before! Too much money for mediocre food and terrible service! I ordered 1 glass of wine, a plate of seafood pasta and crab cake appetizer which came to $45 BEFORE they automac gratuity!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
new york
“Great crabs and more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We were late getting to Jimmy's for our reservation, but we called and they were most accommodating and when we finally arrived were most gracious. The service was very good, but the crabs were FABULOUS - fresh, plump, juicy - maryland blue claw crabs - yeah
worth the short cab ride from the Inner Harbor area