“Over rated for a crab house” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Costa's Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 1,793 restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: New Battle Grove Road
Transit: Various MTA stops within walking distance. Cab service available
Description: We hope that on your next afternoon or evening out, you will give us the opportunity to make your visit or event as enjoyable as possible. The entire family and staff of Costas Inn thank you for your continued support and look forward supplying the excellence and quality that you have come to expect.
Perry Hall, Maryland
“Over rated for a crab house”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I had dinner there last night. She had the crab quesadilla. This she said was very good. They really boast of their crabs cakes, so I ordered the 8 oz. dinner made with Gulf crab meat - most Marylander's would agree, not as savory as Chesapeake (yet superior to Asian crab). It arrived over fried and rather mushy inside. Had no real flavor to speak of. The Old Bay shaker on the table helped out very little to bam-up the crab cake. The coleslaw had a strange flavor; was tasting it hours latter. The prices on the menu were rather high for the quality of the food, atmosphere and location. I am amazed on the volume of patrons who seem to worship this place. This was, I think the third time in many years we've been there. And still, mostly disappointing. I have FINALLY learned my lesson; last visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Dover, MA
“Best crabs in US!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had the great pleasure of visiting with Nick at the Costas Inn located in the Dundalk area with some clients from Chicago last evening. I had the best dining experience I've had in years. The Costas Inn not only has the best crabs (dumped on your table - not your plate) and crab cakes found anywhere; a fantastic and enthusiastic wait staff; but it is simply a fun destination for everyone. Loved it and can't wait to go back!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dundalk, Maryland
“Great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Try the MD crab soup. It's outstanding. The broiled scallops are the best I have ever had. The staff is always helpful and friendly. We go there about once a month and the owners are gracious and welcoming.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore
“Crabs at Costas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

5 couples went to Costas for our annual Fourth of July crab feast and 6 of us pre ordered 2 dozen jumbos ($90) and a dozen large ($59). The crabs were well seasoned, and very tasty, but seemed not to be jumbos. Also had the cream of crab soup with sherry on the side (delicious) and a couple of others had the regular crab soup, which they enjoyed. The beer was cold and most of us got hot fudge sundaes after the meal, which hit the spot. Those who didn't get steamed crabs enjoyed their entrees. Host Pete was gracious, as always and we finished in time to see fireworks in every direction.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best flavored crabs in Baltimore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

It wasn't until I went to another crab restaurant that I was able to fully appreciate the quality, and flavor of the crabs at Costas. We have always gotten great crabs, piping hot and well seasoned with Old Bay. At other locales we've been the recipients of a "light" crab. This has never happened at Costas. They will always be my #1 place to go for crabs. IF you happen to have room for dessert afterwards, try the rice pudding...out of this world.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere