“Really hit the spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Landing

Thai Landing
1207 N Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21201-5507 (Mount Vernon)
410-727-1234
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
John Day, Oregon
“Really hit the spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We had the Duck in coconut curry and stir-fried veggie medley in garlic sauce. Both were absolutely delicious. The variety of vegetables in the stir-fry was outstanding, and the quality of the duck was superb. As westerners, we usually find curry in eastern states to be milder than what we're used to, and this was the case here. The “two peppers” rating was moderately warm and spicy. They were a little slow to seat us and bring menus, but we weren't in a hurry, so we observed their take-out customers coming and going (apparently they order online, so it's ready when they arrive). Once we had menus, the ordering went fast and the food arrived quickly. It was a chilly night, so we had Thai tea as well, and it really hit the spot.

Visited December 2013

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
“Friendly, attentive service & great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my second Thai experience and it was a great one. There was plenty to offer for vegetarians. I got a vegetarian pad thai and was very impressed, but for vegans beware it does have egg. Of course, you can order it without the egg. My boyfriend ordered a shrimp dish with 3 spicy marks (forget what they were), and was pleasantly surprised by the fact that it actually was very spicy. Usually, nothing is spicy enough for him. The waiter was very friendly and attentive, and before leaving he confirmed I was vegetarian and then offered creamless coffee flavored candies. I thought that was very thoughtful and a nice touch to our meal. We would definitely come back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, NM
“You can do much better for lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I dined at Thai Landing two years ago on a visit to Baltimore and it was nice. I made a special trip back when I visited in July. I was so disappointed. While it is a quaint, clean environment, and the service was adequate; the food left me regretful. I ordered the chicken satay appetizer and the pad thai for lunch. I also ordered a take out order of the green coconut curry for later.
The satay was ok with the exception that the peanut sauce seemed to be pure peanut butter. When the pad thai was delivered, I first was disappointed that there were no garnishes, like lime, cilantro, bean sprouts, green onion, other than some parsley and shredded carrots. The second thing I noticed was the overwhelming fishy smell. I like fish sauce, and even have a half used bottle in my fridge, so I am not usually picky about that- but my pad thai smelled like fish caramel. Then I tasted the sticky smelly mess. Worst ever. The chicken curry dish was average to good, nicely spicy, with a nice fancy cut on the carrots.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Terrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Made a reservation A WEEK IN ADVANCE for husband's bday. Arrived with family to find out THEY screwed it up: the hostess put us in for the wrong time. Worse: they were unwilling to accommodate us-- it was too inconvenient for them to push together the three available tables that were RIGHT THERE because other (walk-in) patrons would then have to wait!

UNBELIEVABLE!

We ended up standing on Charles St calling all local restaurants for dinner availability. HORRIBLE experience, to say the least.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We eat here every time we are in town. Food is great and service is wonderful. They have something for everybody. Great vegan dishes.

Visited October 2012