“Worth the wait!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Harrisbu
“Worth the wait!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The only reason I'm giving 4 out of 5 is the sometimes very lengthy wait (that's how you know it's good) and the fact that only cash is accepted.

We literally drive over an hour just to indulge in the deliciousness of Samos. Outside of diners, there are essentially zero eat-in Greek restaurants in my area. Needless to say, once we get the craving and make the drive, we feast!

First, the salad is delightful. Complete with giant chunks of feta and a "vase" of homemade creamy feta/Greek dressing, it's hard to get enough of it. I particularly like that they give you a giant jar of the dressing so you can decide how much or how little you want. We always get the large and share.

The spreads are wonderful (we always get the trio of hummus, the olive and the eggplant). I'm drooling to thinking about it.

For main course I aways get the gyro platter: comes with tons of sliced gyro, rice or potatoes a side salad which I have auto boxed since we always share a large, and roasted veggies. The gyro sandwiches are also great.

The pita here is thick and buttery and comes with the salad and spreads.

The price is just right. It's also byob which helps save money.

I will come here time and time again!

• Turkish first
Joppa, Maryland, United States
“Baltimore staple”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been eating here for 20+ years! and am never disappointed. We usually enjoy the souvlaki or Greek salad, but the soups are great and the appetizers are awesome. Everyone is always friendly, but expect a line. It's worth the wait, though. Add a birch beer to complete your meal. Love it, love it here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Greek food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Really nice Greek restaurant, nice selection of food. Being indecisive over what to order, ended up with the "Tour of Samos". So much food, kept coming with different platters, all so good.
This is BYOB restaurant, we brought a bottle of red wine with us, be sure to remember this, much better way to enjoy it. Also this cuts your uasual dining out bill by a large percentage. The place is small, so be prepared to spend a little time waiting, we went on a Monday night when things were slower, only waited about 20 minutes. Well worth the wait, also surprised how close this was to I-95, about 3 minutes after exiting. Best calamari I ever had, their dressing is excellent also, be sure to try a Greek salad.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Good souvlakis, will go again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We ordered the chicken souvlakis. Very good. The pita is a little on the thick side, but not too thick. Has tsiziki sauce. lettuce, and tomatoes with some nice parsley mixed in. The avgolemono soup was too thick.

Will definitely go again. Other folks had great looking platters with grilled veggies and rice pilaf. Want to try the grilled octopus.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Greek lunch in Baltimore!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Have been to Samos more times than I can remember over the years. It is not a fancy place, just a comfortable, low key, neighborhood restaurant with unbelievable Greek food. The salads are delicious, topped by their homemade dressing. Keep in mind that the large Greek salad is huge....enough for several to share. The Neptune salad is a personal favorite, topped with grilled shrimp. Salads come with warm pita, so get a side of their tzatziki sauce to dip it in. This is the best tzatziki I have ever had....anywhere...and is my favorite part of the meal! Other wonderful dishes are the shrimp and feta pie, spanakopita, chicken souvlaki, and grilled veggies. The waitresses have worked there for years, and are always nice and very efficient. I appreciate the large cups for drinks, so that you don't have to keep looking for a refill. It gets super busy at lunch, so go early(1130ish), or you will be waiting quite some time. Fridays always seem to be the busiest. I believe they are closed on Sundays for a well deserved rest. If you want excellent Greek food, at a fair price, this is the place!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere