“My first trip to Little Italy - Looking forward to my second” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aldo's Restaurant

Aldo's Restaurant
306 S High St, Baltimore, MD 21202 (Little Italy)
410-727-0700
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aldo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #346 of 1,803 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Fawn Street
Description: “One of the best Italian restaurants in America” / "The wine list at Aldo's is exemplary, easily one of the best on the east coast” / “This is clearly a labor of familial love, and it shows in every dish" -- John Mariani (of Esquire Magazine), 2012 Aldo’s is Baltimore’s most celebrated Italian restaurant. Aldo's features Chef/Owner Aldo Vitale's delicately balanced southern-influenced regional Italian cuisine, served in sumptuously appointed rooms steeped in classical Italian tradition. The media rave about Aldo's, calling it "An Italian Masterpiece" (NY Times) and have recognized Aldo's for offering Maryland's "Best Private Dining" (The Baltimore Sun) and "Baltimore's Best Private Dining Rooms" (Baltimore Magazine). Private dining rooms include a belowground, climate-controlled Wine Cellar and a Medici-inspired Library. Visit the website at www.aldositaly.com for a virtual tour. * Complimentary shuttle service is provided to downtown area hotels *
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“My first trip to Little Italy - Looking forward to my second”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Baltimore friends took me to Aldo's on Saturday night. I had not experienced Little Italy previously, and I enjoyed seeing the collection of restaurants and the busy atmosphere on the streets. Baltimore is a hoppin place.
Anyway, I really enjoyed Aldo's. It is or at least appears to be small. The decor is lovely. The wait staff wears formal attire; I felt underdressed in a golf shirt (I was just following my host's advice), but I saw casual and dressier attire in the restaurant. The menu is not extensive but certainly filled with attractive selections. The wine list offers a good variety of Italian wines, as well as American options. Our food was very good. Service was a little slow (e.g., I ordered the cheese plate; the waiter said that it would take a bit of time, because someone had to cut up the cheeses; he was right; it took quite a while, and the board came with three hunks of good cheese - no way that should have taken much extra time; the waiter asked if I would like a fork; I said yes; he never brought the fork; I had to ask for it again) but very friendly. I think that they were pretty busy.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Little Italy is filled with good Italian restaurants but Aldos stands out from the crowd. I

If you want anintimate dining experiance, a beautiful setting and excellent food and service, Aldos is your restaurant. Little Italy is chocked fulll of good Italian restaurants, but Aldos is a cut above the rest. The menu is not extensive but every dish we tried was outstanding.

For reservations, call directly. Since the restaurant is small, there are only a few times listed on Open Table and the restaurant's website (operated by Open Table). When we didn't see a time we liked (only 5:30 and 8 PM were available on line) we almost didn't go. But with a quick call to the restaurant we secured a table a 6:30.

Pasta entrees are under $20, salads under $10 and main dishes $25 to $40. The wine list is extensive and recognized as one of the best in the country by Wine Spectator magazine.

Don, our server, was knowlegeable and paced the meal perfectly. We will make it a point to return to Aldos next time we are in Baltimore.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, NY
“Best food and amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We met our friends at Aldo's on a Friday night after making reservations on Open Table. We couldn't have had a better meal. The wait staff was wonderful and the food spectacular. We had a eggplant parm appetizer that was so good we were still talking about it the next day. Some of the best crab cakes I've had! Please make sure to try it.

Chesterton, Indiana
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Even in 2012 a single woman dining alone never takes for granted that she will receive quality service, but my experience at Aldo's was outstanding--both the service and the Ossobuco were memorable.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elkridge, Maryland
“Good Food & nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I had the veal, my husband had fish. Service was very good, prices are not cheap but it's more of a special occasion place.

Visited July 2011