“great flavors” 5 of 5 stars

1012 Fleet St, Baltimore, MD
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleet Street Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 1,793 restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Central Avenue
Transit: The Charm City Circulator, local buses, and water taxis all stop within blocks of our restaurant. Subway service, via the Shot Tower stop is only a short taxi ride away
Baltimore, Maryland, USA
“great flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Four of us had dinner here and had some really great meals. I do agree with another reviewer that the portions are small, but that just means youll have room to go to Vaccarros and have dessert. Anyway, my wife and i both agreed that this was some of the best tasting food we've had in Baltimore in a while. In our group we had the scallop, liver and pork belly apps and the pork cheek, black bass, gnudi and lamb totellini entrees. I'd eat any of them again especially the pork cheeks they are on my short list of best plates ive had in baltimore.

70% Recommend
baltimore
“expensive small portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The restaurant is beautiful and the service was excellent. We had to have desert because we were still hungry and we are not big eaters. The portion of the fish was finished in two bites,not much on the plate. We shared a beet salad, very small too.This was an expensive try and I love good food,but I do not like to be taken. I go to the new restaurants, but would not return to this one. The desert was bigger than the main course.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Aaaaaahhh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

As a frequent diner in Baltimore, Washington and Annapolis, I rarely expect to be completely blown away by a new restaurant. Fleet Street Kitchen has gotten everything right. The unpretentious, but cool decorating (shout out to the designer), the professional staff and the beautifully prepared food all lead to an amazing experience. The menu is fresh and modern. Everything on the plate has a purpose. My cod dish came presented in a bowl with all the elements beautifully placed around the edges. The wait staff then pored the steaming hot sauce over the whole plate. Divine. The wine list is extensive, reasonable and presented tableside on IPads. Brilliant. The well trained wait staff made the evening fun. Our new favorite!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“"Not for the Hungry Patron"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was very pleased with the complimentary parking, the very nice décor and friendly staff. The fare was also very tasty. Unfortunately, you can easily wind up spending tons of money in return for minuscule amounts of food. For example, the blue crab salad appetizer was as big as my little finger and cost me $13. It did not come with lettuce or anything else that might constitute a "salad." To my chagrin, it was served on a gargantuan oversized plate which further exaggerated the smallness of the portion. At the same time, my guest ordered the caramelized sea scallops appetizer at a charge of $14. But he was much dismayed when it arrived with just one scallop. The entrees and desserts are similarly undersized, but to a less noticeable degree. While the delicacies offered at this establishment may well represent the "artistic work of a culinary genius," they aren't really suitable for the hungry patron. Portion control is being exercised well beyond reason.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious Food & Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Earlier this month we were in Baltimore and ate dinner at this wonderful restaurant. Everything we ordered from the fun cocktails, delicious dinner, to the fabulous dessert excited our taste buds! All four of us eagerly anticipated the next course all evening long. I would definitely recommend this restaurant! The servers were knowledgable and attentive without being intrusive.

• Visited December 2012