“Worth a special trip- but ya gotta watch the clock-they close at 3:00 week days.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Miss Shirley's

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Add in local tourist mag caught my eye, and glad it did. Their breakfast menu is like nothing I've seen before. Tried the blackened salmon Benedict, on corn bread squares with a side of sweet potato andouille hash. O.J. was supposed to be fresh squeezed but the waitress said they buy it that way, not squeezed on site. .O.K., I guess they can't get sued for false advert. Regardless, the meal was truly exceptional. Every item on the plate had it's own distinct texture and taste. The down side is the price. My tab for one order of the above plus coffee was $25.00 before tax and tip. They have several crab, shrimp and lobster items available, all at "market price". Again, not common to my experience of breakfast time. Highest cost is the breakfast steak Oscar at $25.00 for the entree. If these prices are within reach, it's well
worth a try.

florida
“Best darn breakfast and lunch imaginable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Fabulous collards, inventive sandwiches. Great choices! Had a marvelous breakfast and lunch. Make time to go and share something wonderful! !!!

“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Visited this morning at just after 11am......it was not busy at all. I simply ordered the 2 eggs any style which I wanted to be poached. I ordered the turkey sausage with it and didn't want the grits or hash browns. Instead I wanted to substitute those items for broccoli. I was informed that it couldn't be substituted and I'd have to pay extra. How pathetic. When the meal arrived, the one slice of toast that I ordered was unbuttered. There was no butter on the table and none was offered (poor). To my dismay the turkey sausage was a mere offering of a half slice only. Considering I had gone without grits and hash browns and had to pay extra for the broccoli, you would have thought they could have pushed the boat out and given me a full sausage. Talking about the broccoli, this failed to show up when my meal was served and by the time I received it I had practically finished everything else. It would've been nice to enjoy at the same time as the rest of my meal. I don't think a repeat visit will be necessary :-(

Visited June 2013
Belcamp, Maryland
“Great Food & Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband, son and I visited this location on Father's Day Morning. We arrived at 10:00am and the wait was 45mins, which didn't bother us since we knew this would be the case.

Upon being seated in the outdoor area, we were promptly greeted by Julian, who took our drink orders. My husband ordered the "Mojito Berry Crush", which he did not enjoy. I tried the "Our Favorite Palmer's", which I thought was a little light on absolute.

We ordered the Chicken & Waffles, Shrimp & Grits and French Toast (filled w/ coconut custard), all of which were great. The portions sizes are very good and service was great as well. The team serving the outside area seemed to assist even, if they were not serving your table (always a plus in my book). For a family of three, we spent $80, which was good given the location.

The restaurant is located right across from Pier 5, which is a great location if you are looking to spend the day at the inner harbor.

Overall I would recommend visiting this location, because my family and I are already planning our return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

While dining alone I noticed a few nice looking entrees. I arrived close to the end of their day and asked to have a seat at the window, but I was told it was not available. Fortunately the menu was terrific and the food was good.